GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RPM gauge malfunction

koreaniverson

Autocross Champion
my rpm gauge is set at 800 at idle and it never dips below 800 at any time for quite sometime now. i thought this may have happened when i got giac x-chip installed so i called the awe-tuning where i got it done and theay assure me that chip had nothing to do with this... i dont mind going to the dealer for the car is still under the warranty but my issue is whether the dealer will somehow discover that my gti has been reflashed which may void the warranty if they so wanted to... can someone help me in assuring or confirming my dilemma. thanks!:burnrubber:

CDN_MKV

Wakka Wakka
Car(s)
07 UG GTI
It doesn't go below 800 even when you shut the car off? I don't clearly understand?

What about if you're idling and you start to let the clutch out without touching the gas>? I sometimes do this while creeping along in traffic... does it dip down then?

JJ

VDUBNVA

Passed Driver's Ed
your warranty is golden unless the flash is what caused the problem (but it didnt) they cant point at the car and say hey since it is chipped we are :thumbup: voiding your warranty. if they do see someone higher up. ive owned 4 brand new cars ive been through it before.