GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

road noise is louder than the radio

GTI lover all over again

Over fifty and lov'n it!
Car(s)
2007 GTI
man,

I've had mine for going on five months, and it's a quiet car, virtually no road noise at all, I've got 17 in rims, and 35 psi in the tires.

it's quiet, I can listen to simon and garfunkle and hear the quiet parts of the music:iono:

vw4ross

Autocross Champion
I have had the car for almost 2 weeks, and I think the road noise on this car is a little much. My 1998 GTI is so quiet on the road compared to this car(and that isn't a quiet car by any means). It is ok on smooth asphalt roads, but there aren't many around here. The roads here are crap, but still this is the only car I've had where the road noise is not to my liking. The expansion joints/strips on the highway is damn near ridiculous....where I don't even feel/hear them in my other car.

I've got the Bridgestone Potenza RE050's filled to 38 psi on my 18"s. I am hoping this is just a noisy tire. But, at least I am not the only one who feels there is too much road noise.

trick000

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Road noise is not that bad for me. But I did come from a civic. If it bothers y'all that much why not try some fatmat or something like that?

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
I run 43-44 psi in my 17" RE050s and it's fine. The tuner part of the radio just plain stinks imo. The cd is fine.

Kirium

Go Kart Champion
I've got the conti's. They're fine on most of the roads I drive on, but really coarse chip road makes the road noise pretty bad.

Wantagti, I think those pressures are too high.