GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RNS310 cannot access nav module and radio

michail77

Go Kart Champion
My issue with the phone module was the CAN gateway. I was able to get one made in 2010 for $45 and it cleared up the diagnostic communication.

It's just two screws and then all plug and play. The hardest part was recoding the can and clearing out the DTCs that resulted from the swap.

michail77

Go Kart Champion
I think because it's the latest revision it's no longer on an 1K index part number. Should be genuine but will have been originally supplied for a Chinese market VW. Part 7N0907530AJ

The original can gateway I pulled out of my car was made in China. So I guess they are normally found in the OEM stream as well.

Stam23

Passed Driver's Ed
Says on the link that's its not compatible with my 06 gti so can't use that one, was thinking of flashing my 1K0 907 530 H software version 0150 to 0178, which eliminates drain issues and might let me access my nav module.

But can't find any links to the files or how it's even done, people just mention they've done it but that's it. Any got info on this besides bringing to a dealer?

Stam23

Passed Driver's Ed
They are the same thing but I think he's saying he has the same issue as I do, that he cannot access either module in vcds.

dazzag

Ready to race!
They are the same thing but I think he's saying he has the same issue as I do, that he cannot access either module in vcds.

I could access the modules but i replaced the can bus due to the battery drain.

Did you check out the link http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index…)_Retrofitting it states that gateways with < Q versions of the Gateways were not compatible and wouldn't allow a Diagnostic Tool like VCDS to communicate with the new Radio Navigation System

Buy a second hand gateway from ebay.