GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RNS-510 no MFD functions

xc17ed

My car is a 2007 Golf R32 originally had a RCD500 w/ factory amp, and I have already updated to an RCD-510 with new gateway (which worked perfectly). So today I changed to an RNS-510 sourced from Lithuania on eBay. It is a Version C (non-LED). After the install the highline MFD is not showing SATNAV and audio. We scanned the car and brought back a fault that all my speakers are "open circuit" after some more digging around it appears that the car does not know it has a stereo, let alone the navigation?

The system is working for both audio and navigation, and there is sound coming from the speakers, but no MFD menus.

If anyone has ideas or things that I should check it would be greatly appreciated.

siliconcenturion

Go Kart Champion
After I installed my RCD510 I had to pull the radio fuse from under the hood before the Audio menu popped up in the MFD.

Your speakers may be open circuit if the radio was turned on when you were plugging it back in (or other weird installation bugs).
Clear all your fault codes, power cycle the car, play music/use navigation for like 5 minutes, then post all of the codes that pop up.

JettiGLI

Go Kart Newbie
You have to code RNS-510 with VCDS through bit helper and enable MFD display and set the factory amp so you don t get the open circuit speaker fault

xc17ed

So tried some different things last night with the VW tech again, we coded bit 7 (BAP) from 1 to 0 and after a reset of the nav I've now got navigation and audio on the MFD. YAY! The system is still showing error codes for speakers being open (even after a clear and rechecking) and the RNS is still not showing up in the vehicle devices list, but as everything is working... I'm not overly worried, lol. Will possibly get it checked out with VAG-COM and see if that has some different abilities to the VW system, but as I said not overly concerned as all is well now.

mitfif

I have Skoda Superb Combi 2011 and I installed a Columbus ( 3T0 035 680 A with hardwer HW: H42 and Softwer SW: 2724, Date 8.1.2011 ). Everything working perfect, except Navigation in the maxidot menu. I have Audio, but no navigation in the maxidot menu.

I coded bit 7 (BAP) from 1 to 0, but then also missing Audio in the maxidot menu. If I coded bit 7 (BAP) from 0 to 1, then I have Audio, but no navigation in the maxidot menu.

In Module 19-CAN I don't have the box ( bit ) for Navi.

Please help me. What is the right coding?

Mitja