GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RNS-510 HDD tempStatus

xc17ed

Got into the setup menu last night of my RNS-510 that I just bought hardware version C. I noticed that under HDD Status, the tempStatus Degraded I'm wondering is this something I should be worried about? What does it actually mean?

Thanks

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
The RNS-510 uses a hard drive, and it sounds like the drive is using S.M.A.R.T. to report that it is getting a bit toasty. What's the ambient temperature down under right now?

xc17ed

Temps are around 26-30 these days. I'll have to check and see if its complaining about the temp after just starting up. I left as much space as I could behind the unit to allow decent airflow.

Almost A Ghost

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 R32
The hard drives in them are industrial grade hard drives. They can take a beating.

From: http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/159739-rns510-columbus-hard-drive-upgrade/

The OEM HDD is a Hitachi Endurastar J4K30 mechanism with a spin speed of 4200rpm. It is specced to have an operating temp range of -20 to 85 degrees c, It also has higher rated shock handling than a standard laptop drive with shock sensors for data integrity. Power rating is 5v @ 1.0A

For us Americans 85C = 185F