GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rig with New Wheels! Thoughts?

davo_rugy

Got my wheels on today.. RS4 19's! Been done before but its what I went with. Looks okay, definately need to be lowered an inch or two to get the look I want. What you reckon? (Oh and any suggestions re best lowering options?) I don't want to ruin handling just for sake of lowering.. I'd rather spend the money to do it properly (if anything, improve the handling if I can!?) I'll definately have to get the guards rolled to be able to lower, they don't rub turning, but they do scrub out if go over a bump/roll in the road at speed..

davo_rugy

This is what it could look like with lowering.... MUUUUUCCCCCCCHHHH nicer!!! :clap: :w00t:

(On a side note, for those feeling the pain of my poor broken arial, ive got a stubby on the way!)

macad

apple pixel pusher

Jethro41

Volkswagenista!!
Car(s)
VW GOLF V GTI

triode12

Go Kart Champion
I'm with the rest of the guys, it doesn't need lowering. It looks great as it is. The wheels match the wheel arch lines of the car.

davo_rugy

Thanks for your thoughts. I definately want to firm the suspension & attempt to improve the handling.. perhaps sway bars and springs? Is this do-able without lowering significantly? I think the colour is just 'blue'? It's lighter than the 'Graphite Blue' but obviously not quite as light/bright as the R32 blue.

triode12

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for your thoughts. I definately want to firm the suspension & attempt to improve the handling.. perhaps sway bars and springs? Is this do-able without lowering significantly? I think the colour is just 'blue'? It's lighter than the 'Graphite Blue' but obviously not quite as light/bright as the R32 blue.

Go with the Rear Sway Bar definately and coilovers like KW V1s or SHS if you can afford it. But don't lower it anymore, the height looks good as is.

isaw84

Banned
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I went for a Eibach Prokit (springs/shocks). Very nice combo IMO, and whiteJames said the same thing. not overly agressive, and a little lower. you do notice a much bumpier ride as with all lowered cars. the shocks make up for alot of it though.
I think the drop was about .8 of a inch. basically a finger width gap.

A rear sway will help you alot too for handling

Last edited:

davo_rugy

Ok so I've done a heap of reading since posting and also been in touch with WhiteJames (thanks James). Was originally thinking the Eibach Prokit setup, however I've decided I'm going to go with the KW SHS Coilovers and the H&R small swaybars. I live in the country so want to maintain some comfort/ride at the same time as improve performance/handling. Plus this set-up also gives me flexibility to get the ride height perfect (able to be kept stock or lowered a little if I need/want). I must admit since first posting, the current look has grown on me a heap! Really quite happy with the wheels and don't think I want to go promoting any rubbing issues. Will post further pics once I land and fit the coilovers! Thanks