GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

RHD vs. LHD

inc55

Go Kart Champion
Many Right Hand Drivers are saying logically they drive the correct way and we in the states the wrong way. I don't understand their logic. They say because when people joust they straddle the horse with their weaker hand (left) and hold the stick in their right (stronger) hand. I'm right handed and I prefer to drive with my left hand and shift with my right hand. It makes more sense to allow your weaker hand to handle steering while the right hand handles shifting. When we play racing games we steer with our LEFT thumb and handle acceleration with our right hand. What do you guys think?

maxtdi

Go Kart Champion
I don't think this fucking matters... the only reason they say they are "right" is because they are on the right. :laugh:

inc55

Go Kart Champion
lol. The way they phrase it is they drive on the "correct" side of the road.

One benefit I can think of for driving a RHD car is that your dominant hand can reach over and grope your woman. Maybe they do have it correct. Hmmm..

aus-phil

Ready to race!
Because most humans are right-eye dominant your right eye can concentrate on oncoming traffic while driving on the left side of the road (most RHD countries)

Also you may be used to what you've been doing and hence you say that's what you prefer but for most people steering is more important and more sensitive to small inputs than shifting so it's better if the dominant hand is on the steering wheel.

I learnt to drive in Australia (RHD) and have been driving in the US for over a year and I much prefer RHD. That's just me though.

Lodi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
useless thread is useless...:D

tmiw

Go Kart Champion
RHD goes best if you drive on the left. LHD if you drive on the right.

(BTW, the US Virgin Islands drive on the left and use LHD cars just like on the mainland. Yikes.)

trigger_storey

Ready to race!
I thought this was a legitimate thread comparing U.S. spec to Euro or something until I read it!

:bonk:

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion

nouse4aname

Go Kart Champion
One benefit I can think of for driving a RHD car is that your dominant hand can reach over and grope your woman. Maybe they do have it correct. Hmmm..

Your "woman" would be on the right in a RHD car? Is your "woman" an armrest and you should be on that Strange Sex show? :D