GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

revo tune problem

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
does anyone else have a problem with there tune where sometimes it wont boost to the reflash settings? but if u shut the car off for a bit and turn it back on it does?? ive had it happen quite a few times.. and its in temps from 65 to about 95 humidity varies :iono:

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
that just means ur tune is too agressive. please run block 20 on your vag come and see the temperature for each cylinder due to timing.

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
how do i do that? i dont have the software or cable to hook up to a laptop. but engine temp seems fine. and sometimes it works with no problem. but sometimes i have to shut off and go back on. and it works..

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
still man, go back to who did it for u and adjsut the settings a little less than what u are running. they shouldve run the vagcom with you when put revo into your car in the first place.

the engine temps wont tell you anything concerning the tune of the car, you could be running too rich or too lean. it happened ot a buddy of mine, he was accidentally runnin 09/05/09 one of the more agressive settings.

just turn down the boost a little.

or oyu couldve just gotten bad gas on this one tank if you haven texperinced this problem before. it happens.

alf

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
they did run the vag com. it was 96 degrees with 95% humidity and everything was close to zero.. highest was a 3.2 with a max of 6 and that was around redline..

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
well i got gas from somewhere else. and the same thing. i then put octane booster in. same thing. its like it goes back to the stock coinfig. wont boost more than 12 lbs (thats what i was running before the tune) and you can tell the diff. it seems like im haveing compressor surge problems with running to much boost. maybe my diverter valve isnt flowing eneough air?? the DSG just shifting to fast? dont know. its odd. but no cell and the car runs fine when its in stock mode. and it ran fine tonight in the cool air (65 degrees) kind of odd. it was only 80 today.. and i ran the program when it was hotter. maybe time for an intercooler upgrade.

primus2211

Passed Driver's Ed
AxMan,

Another suggestion would be to set the fuel timing settings higher. Seen a few variations of the car down here. For some reason, some cars seems to adapt well to the higher fuel timing settings.

2 of the guys down here are running at 6-6-9 while I'm running at 6-4-9. The ones that had similar problem as yours was resolved with the new fuel timing settings. You might have to get your REVO dealer to tweak it either up and down the fuel timing scale to see which works best for your car. :biggrin:

AutoXinMK5

Touring Car Champion
I'm at 7-5-9.

Wolfgo

Ready to race!
primus2211 said:
AxMan,

Another suggestion would be to set the fuel timing settings higher. Seen a few variations of the car down here. For some reason, some cars seems to adapt well to the higher fuel timing settings.

2 of the guys down here are running at 6-6-9 while I'm running at 6-4-9. The ones that had similar problem as yours was resolved with the new fuel timing settings. You might have to get your REVO dealer to tweak it either up and down the fuel timing scale to see which works best for your car. :biggrin:
You're using some confusing nomenclature. There are 3 settings. Fuel, Timing, and Boost. On N/A cars all three are used, but the "Boost" is instead throttle response. On turbo cars, fuel is NOT used at this time. It will always be set to 9. In the future that setting may come available, but for now it is not.

Now, on to the settings. Two exactly identical cars may not react the same to the programming, so you should NEVER compare timing settings. It simply doesn't make sense to do so. I tend to leave boost at 6 for people that don't have a boost gauge to keep track of their car's performance and then adjust timing based on a road test and data logging of the 20 blocks of a VAG-COM. MKV shows negative numbers on the graph for some reason, so if whoever helps you is used to the MKIV, which showed positive numbers, they will have to reset the graph to negative. If you look up the instruction for the SPS3 on the REVO web site, HERE,It gives you a good idea of how to data log for the test. If you have the SPS Select Plus, you'll be able to program it based on this testing.

Boost costs gas $$. That's another part of the reason I tend to leave the boost at 6. There is a noticeable drop in mileage when you take it up to 9 and additional wear and tear on the turbo and higher chance of popping a boost leak or clamp. Finally, you may also be able to increase timing if you drop boost. Vice versa is also obviously true. The best power is going to come from testing the car in a variety of settings.

Wolfgo

Ready to race!
AxMan said:
they did run the vag com. it was 96 degrees with 95% humidity and everything was close to zero.. highest was a 3.2 with a max of 6 and that was around redline..
Question is, was the car heated up when they did it, or had it been sitting around for awhile? If the car is running poorly, I would test it by dropping the timing setting by one.

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
i went to the dealer yesterday, my settings were 8/4/9 they are now 7/3/9 more than stock but still runs funny. it was pulling timing at idle when we were crusing around with the comp hooked up. we did a few pulls with it at 8/4/9 and it was pulling 6.8 degrees of timing at some points. with the 7/3/9 the highest we saw was 5.2 but was just one instance unlike the 8/4/9 which was more constant. also the car would not make boost. even in the mode it is in now it is not makeing as much boost as it should. its off by about 3-4 lbs throughts the rev range.
we called revo and they asked for the spread sheets on my car. there is still something wrong. and no IT WAS NOT BAD GAS. the car had been driven to the tune shop so it was at operating temps. and both times the temps were in the lower 90's for the test drive. the guys at revo should be calling na motorsports back within the next couple of days with some insight on what to do. also, my car is a DSG and from what i've been told is the revo guys said they are a little tricky to tune. dont know what the diff would be.
but now im maxing boost in 6th at 20psi. but every other gear is maxing at 15 and passed 3k rpms it starts to drop off to around 10. before when i first got the tune a month ago, it maxed at 20-18 psi through all gears and never dropped below 15 at wot. i know i havent blown anything in the engine. only things i think i could do is add a fmic and some sort of heat sheild for my intake. i'll let everyone know what revo says when i find out...

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
we did that. when we first did it a month ago, it was making around one lb less than requested. then it went to 10 lbs less. now with the new settings its around 3-5 lbs less than requested depending on rpm