GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Revo Stage 1

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
2k6Tornado_Red_MK5 said:
what is this? some dude in my city did a dyno on his GTI and had 213. something HP
That was me, I don't know where u heard it from :D. Basically revo is a reflash of ur currenty ecu maps with the one from revo that is fully adjustable to tune timing, fuel and boost, unlike apr or giac which just throw a map at the car.

That was dynoed on a dynojet as well, on a very conservative tune. I like to set and forget about it for awhile till I get more modifications. It was 213whp/261wtq.

I was revo'd by wolf harvey @ www.hwpartstuning.com

Tell him I sent ya.

alf

alf said:
That was me, I don't know where u heard it from :D. Basically revo is a reflash of ur currenty ecu maps with the one from revo that is fully adjustable to tune timing, fuel and boost, unlike apr or giac which just throw a map at the car.

That was dynoed on a dynojet as well, on a very conservative tune. I like to set and forget about it for awhile till I get more modifications. It was 213whp/261wtq.

I was revo'd by wolf harvey @ www.hwpartstuning.com

Tell him I sent ya.

alf

how much did it cost you? 500 bucks?

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
Car(s)
UG GTI 2006
Alf, how do you like the ReVO? I pretty much have no choice in what chip to buy unless I want to drive 8 hours to Chicago. There is a ReVO dealer about 15 minutes from me so I guess thats what it will be.

Is it clearly a feeling that you notice, and is there any loss of oomph now low in the RPM. Thanks for the help.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
MHS216 said:
Alf, how do you like the ReVO? I pretty much have no choice in what chip to buy unless I want to drive 8 hours to Chicago. There is a ReVO dealer about 15 minutes from me so I guess thats what it will be.

Is it clearly a feeling that you notice, and is there any loss of oomph now low in the RPM. Thanks for the help.
i love it, and since u can tune it to what u like, you can have it the way you want it.

i love my revo, right when i step on the gas, its over man, you can absolutely feel the difference.

if you dont feel like buying, have him give u the 6 hour trial before u buy :)

alf

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
McPsycho V said:
you can try it out? that's so flipping awesome!
yeap, along with APR, they have the same trial time, if they tell you other wise, they are lying.

alf

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
GIAC is 265 total HP and the "Hammer" version ass quick out of the hole!

McPsycho

Rally Car Champion
alf said:
yeap, along with APR, they have the same trial time, if they tell you other wise, they are lying.

alf

well wtf! i've got the apr chip and was never told about the trial offer. :mad: i would've proabaly bought it anyways so no biggy i guess.

oh and alf, i was just wondering, do you feel that the power of the chip is consistent every time you're driving? like with my apr, it feels like sometimes the car doesnt pull as hard as other times. :iono:

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
^^^ That may be APR. The GIAC is consistant everytime for me.

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
McPsycho V said:
well wtf! i've got the apr chip and was never told about the trial offer. :mad: i would've proabaly bought it anyways so no biggy i guess.

oh and alf, i was just wondering, do you feel that the power of the chip is consistent every time you're driving? like with my apr, it feels like sometimes the car doesnt pull as hard as other times. :iono:
i know what your talking about, like if its hesitating? i get that sometimes, but when i need the power it delivers. it all depends on how good the map is, if there isnt enough fuel, or if there is too much fuel the car can act a bit funny.

but i guess tahts the APR map, the REVO chip allows me and my tuner to get the best power delivery and numbers, i should be getting dynotuned once i get more mods, which wont be for awhile :D

alf

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
Wild Hare said:
GIAC is 265 total HP and the "Hammer" version ass quick out of the hole!
the GIAC is 265 HP at the crank, i doubt that with JUST a chip you can get 265WHP. im sure other tuners such as APR and REVO have just as good numbers, its all about personal preference in the end.

the thing that i loved about the REVO chip was that it can be tuned to what i want, whether i want a conservative tune or more of a performance tune. unlike the other companies whom just throw a MAP to the ECU.

alf

GIAC is 30HP, APR is 53, REVO I brings her up to 213, but what about the NEUSPEED Engine Management Upgrade-2.0T FSI?

Which one is the best man, more power right? Can i get a full listing?