GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

revo s2 vs. stock 335i coupe

abe2003

Int Sales Melbournevw.com
yes we know from a dead stop or rolling on a clear road 72*F the bi-T bmw will eat a modded gti BUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTT this is what happaned at this particular point in time. GET OVER IT!

labelskate

Deutschland MKV
Car(s)
mkv gti
I'm not doubting your story at all, but if there had been no traffic and you guys kept at it, the 335 may have had the edge, but just that.

I thought they were quicker, but I was just looking at factory spec 1/4 mile times and here are 3 sources.

2007 BMW 335i 4.9 13.6 (C&D Nov '06)
2007 BMW 335i 4.8 13.3 (Edmunds.com)
2007 BMW 335i 4.9 13.4 (Auto Week)

Don't have trap speeds, but another one trapped 103. So a Stg 2 GTI isn't out of reach from a roll, though top end will suffer.

Anyhow, while the 6 speed automatic in those isn't a DSG type transmission, that's not to say they don't shift fast. BMW has a damn good torque convertor automatic.

Anyhow, nice kill nonetheless. Now I'm going to have to find one that wants to race.:happyanim:

Oh I know he would have pulled on me if we kept going, that isn't the point. The point is that he was trying to show off in front of his mom and I made him look like a douche. I was surprised when I saw that it was a 335i and not a 328/330 to be honest. and I have test driven an automatic 335i sedan. They handle beautifully and I think I am going to get one for my next car, the transmission is pretty good for having a torque converter but you just can't compare it to DSG.

Rev2Ten-K

Banned

labelskate

Deutschland MKV
Car(s)
mkv gti
I take him serious.....Because he doesn't just talk out of his ass. He actually does know what he's talking about 99% of the time from what I've seen. And his experience, and knowledge shines every time he posts. It's his attitude, and direct delivery while posting that you guys don't like IMO. But the guy knows what he's talking about. And you can see it every time he post's. It usually shines some light on the particular subject.

Some of you guys just don't like it because it happens to be concerning a VW he's speaking of that happens to be 'losing'. And even though he's made it obvious he's more of a VW guy then most of you. The simple fact of hearing someone say negative things about a VW (even though in this particular instance you're comparing the GTI to a BMW 335i which costs double the price) you guys still get all butt hurt. But it doesn't change the simple fact that he's still right.

Not with a 100-103mph trap it wouldn't.

Take an Evo for sake of comparison. Their record for a stock car is a 12.9@107, with a 1.6 60ft. So even with his 107 mph trap speed and their AWD he just barely broke into the 12's.

My s2000 went 12.9@107 on my old set-up also, but with a RWD platform. And my 60 ft was only a 1.9.

If Rysskii was here I'd break it down into detail as to why each car did what they did, and at what parts of the track each car was strong, and not so strong. Even though they still had the same e.t. AND trap speed, these cars would have very different strong points street racing.

I don't post much in here due to this forum being mostly bullshit. I don't know what else I have to say. My car "feels like a factory freak" according to phil@bsh and stock vs stock of this 08 gti and my old lemon 07 gti it does feel faster. I have beaten many cars/stayed with many cars that according to a magazine I should have lost. B5 S4, is350, etc. That doesn't mean I never get beat. Hell I lost to an R/T charger with nothing more then a catback exhaust most likely and he made me look stupid. I didn't even think he had a chance lol.

I have a pretty strong automotive background for only being 20, and I just got into the VW scene when I was 18 so I am far from a fanboy. I am much more of a car enthusiast then a VW fanboy, I doubt I will ever buy another VW again unless they make an AWD turbo'd golf6. I used to drive my dad's ap1 s2000 on a daily basis before he sold it, and I had a stage 2 wrx that was easily a little faster then my vw. I also drove my dad's g35 coupe (though it had a slushbox) before he bought me my wrx (slower then my gti, wrx, and s2000, easily). So it's kinda funny that all of the cars you "rave" about my father has owned and I have driven on a regular basis. Sure they can be fun in their own elements, does that mean they are the end all in street racing? absolutely not. I would never race stoplight to stoplight in an s2000, they have no torque. I would never NOT race from a dig in my wrx, that was it's biggest advantage, the awd. I'm not stupid, I'm going to race in an element where I have the best chance to win.

s2000

g35c

wrx

first gti (ZOMG most DSG drivers can drive stick!)

This race did in fact happen. I went through 3 gear shifts staying neck and neck with a 335i before I shut down due to the situations becoming dangerous (plus I never go past double to speedlimit anyways when I rarely street race). I know low speeds is in the element of the k03, I'm not stupid. I know my car has a tiny turbo and sucks ass for top end speed. That doesn't mean it also isn't instantly on when the mashing of a pedal from a low speed roll. I'm not the typical vs. forum douchebag making up shit. I have no need to make up shit I don't care what you guys think about me.

skateforgirl

I gots Vtak
Car(s)
05 s2000
this guy in the 335i had his mother in the car, I was solo. He revved his engine to me at the redlight and and saw he might want to go. I took off first relatively slow from 0-20mph and I hear his car behind me start to get loud and is coming at me full throttle, I floor it in D and he wasn't able to pass me up to 80mph. Then a car was in his lane so I braked, he kept going and cut me off lol. His plate said "jerseyboy" in some variation. A real douche. Bet he was pissed his 45k car couldn't beat a little volkswagen. I bet he is researching ecu reflashing right now :lol:

Well you didn't make it clear that you braked and thats why he was able to passed.

In anycase Good race.

I think it was pretty clear to the rest of us. I think you were just to pinned on the fact that a stage 2 gti cant beat a stock 335i which is also true but anything can happen on da streets.. lol Good Race OP!

skateforgirl

I gots Vtak
Car(s)
05 s2000
All I have to say is; thank god for all these idiots and e-thugs.
the Vs section was sucking major balls

edit
Id love to go kill babies with war_gti.
Sounds like fun :rolleyes:

Haha yea man that is true.
And on that note I dont like babies either so count me in haha!

labelskate

Deutschland MKV
Car(s)
mkv gti
I think it was pretty clear to the rest of us. I think you were just to pinned on the fact that a stage 2 gti cant beat a stock 335i which is also true but anything can happen on da streets.. lol Good Race OP!

Thanks. I am very happy my little vw kept up with such an amazing machine. At least some people aren't retarded in this forum. No wonder why I mostly post in the car lounge.

ssabripo

a/v guru
Car(s)
08 GTI
yeah, I'm gonna go ahead and call bullsh!t on this one :lol:

a stock N54 (335/135i) would destroy any stage2 MKV (revo, apr, etc)...with a tune like a JB3 or Procede, forget about it.

sorry broseph