GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Revo and PCV

ronmexico

Ready to race!
Im thinking about getting the Revo stage 1 flash on my 07 GTI with 18,000 miles. It seems that everybody that has it loves it, and I have not herd of any issues except for the PCV hitting the Shi^&er after a while. Has anyone else had any issues with the REVO stage 1. It seems to be the best bang for the buck but I dont want to chance screwing up my car. I have to drive it every day. In addition, can I run this on the Revo in the stock exhaust? The will be the next mod.

KEVIN@BSH

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 GTI MKV
Im thinking about getting the Revo stage 1 flash on my 07 GTI with 18,000 miles. It seems that everybody that has it loves it, and I have not herd of any issues except for the PCV hitting the Shi^&er after a while. Has anyone else had any issues with the REVO stage 1. It seems to be the best bang for the buck but I dont want to chance screwing up my car. I have to drive it every day. In addition, can I run this on the Revo in the stock exhaust? The will be the next mod.

Hi Ron,

Revo is great software! BSH is offering a BSHrevamp kit that will be a solution to the PCV fix. You can run revo on a stock exhaust, (STG2) if you plan on moving further down the road, I would suggest a downpipe or turbo back exhaust.

Thank You,

LINK:

http://www.bshspeedshop.com/store/product.php?productid=16937&cat=1011&page=1

Kevin@BSH
kevin@bshspeedshop.com:thumbsup:

clutch fool

OG MUFF DIVER
Car(s)
MK5 GTI 1st Owner
Nothing wrong with Revo Ron. Stage 2 here and only issues Iv had is my DV "C" version which Im replacing with "G" version. Since you have an 08 you already have the "G" version which is fine so I wouldnt bother spending money on an expensive aftermarket DV. Its also a good idea to get a eurojet pcv fix. Your fine with the stock DP with stage 1 but youll need an aftermarket DP when you are read to go to stage 2.

racinrabbit

Professional Wheelman
If you have the newest version of the PCV and DV (what comes on the 08's and newer) you shouldn't have a problem. I have stock PCV and DV and i have been Revo stg 2 since about 700 miles and i have almost 6000 on the clock now. But if you want to be sure that nothing will happen then get the BSH PCV fix and forge DV.

DarkstaR

dope freshhhhhhhhhhh
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
I've heard of a few blown low mileage turbo's with REVO stage 1, but it could have happened to the particular cars even on the oem ecu you never know.

If you really don't want to take any chances with your software damaging your hardware, REVO isn't the best choice.

Check out this thread- http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57371 The logs out there for REVO don't look too good.

There is nothing wrong with REVO. That thread has been derailed into a sales pitch thread.

You obviously haven't been here long enough to see these software company wars.

DarkstaR

dope freshhhhhhhhhhh
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
Well I've done about two years of reading in the time that I have been here so I'm not that naive. I'm not basing anything on sales pitches, just the data logs. Anyways I'm not trying to start anything, I was just giving another view. Sorry for intruding.

No offense taken. I am sure logs are probably one of the best ways to ensure credibility when it comes to comparing different products, software, hardware etc. Even with that, they can be altered just like dynos.

To be honest, if I had the second chance I would have probably went with REVO because of it's adjustability (I am a GIAC user).

I personally haven't seen or heard of cars blowing up because of software. Most cars that have blown engines or turbos are due to the fact that it's a lemon car to begin with.

ronmexico

Ready to race!
I think that this is the great part of these forums. You can get opinions from everybody. The (http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57371) did seemed like a sales pitch, but it is work looking into the other companies. As far as performance vs longevity I would pick longevity because I don't think its worth destroying my car for 30 extra horses. Thanks everyone for the info

DarkstaR

dope freshhhhhhhhhhh
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
I think that this is the great part of these forums. You can get opinions from everybody. The (http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57371) did seemed like a sales pitch, but it is work looking into the other companies. As far as performance vs longevity I would pick longevity because I don't think its worth destroying my car for 30 extra horses. Thanks everyone for the info

REVO doesn't destroy your engine. :bonk:

arekux

aka Gogo
Car(s)
03 Mercedes C32
i always had revo on my mk4 as well, never had problem with it, other than coilpacks other things which were vw's fault.

fusion01

Ready to race!
Car(s)
BMW 135i
If you have the newest version of the PCV and DV (what comes on the 08's and newer) you shouldn't have a problem. I have stock PCV and DV and i have been Revo stg 2 since about 700 miles and i have almost 6000 on the clock now. But if you want to be sure that nothing will happen then get the BSH PCV fix and forge DV.

^ can't argue with this. Ironic though: latest versions handle an upgrade better... is VW then *promoting* modifications? Lol.

'BSH PCV fix' < link please?

Chris@RT

Banned
I've heard of a few blown low mileage turbo's with REVO stage 1, but it could have happened to the particular cars even on the oem ecu you never know.

If you really don't want to take any chances with your software damaging your hardware, REVO isn't the best choice.

Check out this thread- http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=57371 The logs out there for REVO don't look too good.

You have NOT heard of any low mileage blown turbos with our software because there have been NONE! There have been none that I even know of or would put the blame on from any other chip tuner either. Any rumors related to us or anyone else blowing up turbos are just silly rumors started usually by shops or customers and not any actual tuners in order to promote products or agenda through negative advertising instead of just promoting their own products positively.

The EGT issue is not an issue and is fact is simply a made up negative marketing campaign by others. For every claimed Revo log with high EGTs there is one with other software to match. However there are always excuses related to the other logs. Its old, its tired, its BS and a waste of everyones time especially the consumer to keep beating that horse.

The logs out there for Revo look awesome because they are perfectly fine and safe. No one is damaging any turbos or engines or having problems with any of the software on the market including ours.

Buy what you want, buy what you like, but there is NO reason to start or to continue to spread rumors made up by others simply to promote their product.

DarkstaR

dope freshhhhhhhhhhh
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
You have NOT heard of any low mileage blown turbos with our software because there have been NONE! There have been none that I even know of or would put the blame on from any other chip tuner either. Any rumors related to us or anyone else blowing up turbos are just silly rumors started usually by shops or customers and not any actual tuners in order to promote products or agenda through negative advertising instead of just promoting their own products positively.

The EGT issue is not an issue and is fact is simply a made up negative marketing campaign by others. For every claimed Revo log with high EGTs there is one with other software to match. However there are always excuses related to the other logs. Its old, its tired, its BS and a waste of everyones time especially the consumer to keep beating that horse.

The logs out there for Revo look awesome because they are perfectly fine and safe. No one is damaging any turbos or engines or having problems with any of the software on the market including ours.

Buy what you want, buy what you like, but there is NO reason to start or to continue to spread rumors made up by others simply to promote their product.

:bow: :clap: