GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Reverse Lights

R32UAE

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 R32 MKV
I currently have an issue with my left reverse light and fixture as it does not work. I have taken the right fixture and light, which works, and plugged it in on the left with the issue still being the same.

I took a multimeter to the car and found the the right side is at a steady .249VDC and the left side bounces around at .345 VDC.

Trying to figure out the issue without taking the car in to VW as it is crazy expensive in the UAE and it takes forever to get the car back. I have also seen another R32 with the same issue out here.

Please let me know if anyone knows of this issue or could give me a better explanation of the bouncing voltage. I am assuming a short or cut in the wire somewhere. Thanks for the help.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
Notice in the picture below (its for a jetta but) one of the reverse lights lens is red? Thats a rear fog light. Is one of your lenses red like that?

R32UAE

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2006 R32 MKV
Thanks to the both of you. I actually took a look at it further in the daylight and found that the left side is Red. I park in a basement so could not really tell in artificial light. Thanks again.