GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Retrofitted MFSW and midline dash?

4Motioner

4Motion, baby!
Car(s)
2007 Golf V
So, I retrofitted a MFSW to my Mk.5. My wheel is the new style with th phone and star buttons on the left. I can't change the channel or song on my radio with this setup since I only have the small (midline) MFD. Would it be possible to change the song with the steering wheel controls if I swapped the buttons for the old style with the mute and cycling buttons?

I tried the UK VW/Audi forum and search and searched, but couldn't find a definite answer.

siLc

Passed Driver's Ed
Is your steering wheel control module the Highline variety? Has it been coded properly?

Greetings from south ;)

4Motioner

4Motion, baby!
Car(s)
2007 Golf V
Yes, my steering wheel module is the highline version and coded properly. Everything works fine, no fault codes, etc. However, since I have the half MFD I can't access all the functions, like Audio, etc.

What I'd like to know is that if you have the old type MFSW with the volume, mute and cycle buttons on the left, what does the cycle button do? Mine has volume, star and phone buttons, which I believe, are part of the newer version of the MFSW.

Timvgti

Ready to race!
I have a MKV GTI from 2005.
It has the 'old style' mfsw, so with phone pick-up, phone hang-up, mute and cycle botton on left. And forward, reverse, volume up and volume down on right.

I have the half mfd and the original rcd300 headunit.

Al buttons works, except the phone buttons, because I don't have a (bluetooth) carkit yet...

When pushing the cycle button, the rcd300 cycles through fm1, fm2, am1, am2, internal cd en cd-changer.

Pushing forward or reverse changes song or radiostation, etc.

Why are there two types of mfsw's on the mkv???
Will all my buttons work with a aftermarket rns510 look-a-like waywell kind of headunit) ?
Because I'm planning to buy one..