GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Replacement Fog Light Help

Blackhawk18

Mad man with a turbo
Car(s)
09 GTI
So I noticed the other day that one of my fog light lenses was smashed to pieces, probably by a rock or something. So i looked on ECS and i can either get an OEM projector for $200 or a "ZiZa" projector fog for $100. and since money is tight now a days, i was leaning toward the "ZiZa" but i've never heard of that brand. And i was hoping someone could shied some light.

other opinions or suggestions are welcome.

thanks for you help!

Rude Jr

Drummer for Subject 16
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI, Mk2 TT RS
Shed some light.....haha
I got projectors off parts4euro for $100
and I hear good things from ziza too

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
The Ziza projector fogs suck balls, huge balls. Check out this cut off line

Last edited:

Bizzy

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2008 2Door Bmp GTI
I have a set of OEM gti fog lights for gti I'll sell them for dirt cheap lmk

-TapaTalkin

jkaruzas

Autocross Champion
i had ZiZa LED bulbs before for my city lights and license plate lights and both sets failed for one reason or another. I know this doesn't speak to the projector fog housings directly, but the failed bulbs appears to be due to poor build quality, which would make my skeptical about other products they offer.

I have the OEM projectors, and the cutoff isn't much better than the ZiZas (as pictured by Merkey), but definitely an improvement. i think that based on that and the suspect quality of ZiZa products (in my experience), i'd fork over the extra loot for the OEMs.

Xenor

Clean Freak
Car(s)
GTI
I have Depo projector fogs. The cutoff looks exactly like the ziza fogs. I wouldn't be surprised if Ziza uses Depo fogs or vice versa. That said, if you want to run HID bulbs in your fogs, they work if you can get over the cutoff.

I got mine at BFI. The only thing was that there was some haze on the lens and the inside of the glass and the seal was dry and stuck to the housing which caused them not to be able to be adjusted. Once I took the seal out and lubed it with some silicon, and cleaned the lenses, they work alright. Given the price difference, and having to run h11 bulbs instead of 9006, they are a good option despite the cutoff.

Blackhawk18

Mad man with a turbo
Car(s)
09 GTI
I have Depo projector fogs. The cutoff looks exactly like the ziza fogs. I wouldn't be surprised if Ziza uses Depo fogs or vice versa. That said, if you want to run HID bulbs in your fogs, they work if you can get over the cutoff.

I got mine at BFI. The only thing was that there was some haze on the lens and the inside of the glass and the seal was dry and stuck to the housing which caused them not to be able to be adjusted. Once I took the seal out and lubed it with some silicon, and cleaned the lenses, they work alright. Given the price difference, and having to run h11 bulbs instead of 9006, they are a good option despite the cutoff.

Are these the ones your talking about..

http://tlnautoparts.com/index.php/02-00-441-2036-aq-2.html

how is the quality of the light, is it as cheap and crappy as the ZiZa?

604GTI

#yoloSWAG
The Ziza projector fogs suck balls, huge balls. Check out this cut off line
I had the Ziza ones as well and I can vouch for them "sucking balls" the cutoff was horrible. Ended up getting reflector fogs back in and am much happier with them .

tbh, im running the depo ones and the cuttoff looks fine. It might not be as crisp as OEM but i dont have any crazy looking flares like the ziza ones. for 80 bucks, its REALLY good

Rude Jr

Drummer for Subject 16
Car(s)
Mk6 GTI, Mk2 TT RS

Looks low cuz my driveway slopes up to that gate so.....yea
It's only slightly higher tho
Edit: and they weren't warmed up yet