GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Removing VW badge from Front Grille

andy661166

Ready to race!
Ok I've had a go at this, and have taken the grill off and everything, but just can't get the badge to pop out, and even when I twist it anti-clockwise it doesn't budge. I just don't want to break the badge, cause I intend to spray it matt black and green.

It's a 2006 1.9 TDi SE, if that helps. The grille seems to have a back panel which doesn't allow me much access to the badge clips. Any howto's or links to them would be much appreciated!

raidergti

EMMKAYVEE
Car(s)
06 BM GTi
what i did on my gti was just took off the grill to remove it. its pretty easy, two torx under the hood and two on the gti lower grill, but you have a golf with a different grill so i dont know if the grill removal is the same

IIIHobbs

The Old Man Down the Road
Car(s)
2007 GTI
There will be a little snap when you turn it left; less than a quarter turn. Then a bit of wiggle, it should pull out. Painted the inside of mine red.

Bora99

adogti
Car(s)
mkv gti
ok first of all brother, its counter clockwise please stop with the anti part hehe just kidding .go right a little push down then go left ,that should do it.

andy661166

Ready to race!
ok first of all brother, its counter clockwise please stop with the anti part hehe just kidding .go right a little push down then go left ,that should do it.

Hah, sorry counter-clockwise ;)

Alright, well I have to take the badge out again to do the green inserts when the paint comes (if ever) and glue the broken clip back on. But I'll use your technique next time and let you know if it made it any easier for me :)

BranCKY3

rubndub
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Hmmm, my badge had 3 clips on it that you had to release first, then it was able to turn anti-, err, counter-clockwise. :lol: