GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

removing oem side skirts problem

fast450

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
06 MKV GTI
Hey guys I bought some votex skirts. I removed both skirts and cant seem to remove the sticky rubber circle that holds the back part of the skirt off. What did you guys do? So far I've tried a heat gun, goo gone, sticker gone with the plastic knife. Idk what else to try...

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
I used high strength fishing line, then use a rubber wheel on my power drill to remove as much as i could before i installed my new side skirts.

U can use a razor blade if u want too, if u dont have fishing line, just be careful not to cut into the paint.

fast450

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
06 MKV GTI
Still no dice. I cant get under the rubber piece with the fishing line. I might just have the body shop take it off when i get my skirts painted. Any other ideas?

Stylist07

Banned
Car(s)
MKV R32 DBP #1238
The fishing line is to REMOVE the side skirt from the CAR and the RUBBER wheel is to REMOVE the Rubber spot off the CAR once u removed the side skirt.

U cant use the rubber wheel if u have not removed the side skirt yet......Duhh.....:biggrin:

No need to take it to the paint body shop to remove the side skirt....

All u need to do is to remove All the Torx screws and start to pull off the side skirt from the front of the car and move the the rear of the car.

Once u start to pull the side skirt off the plastic guide rail from the front of the car move toward the back of the car SLOWLY and little by little the side skirt will come off.

Then once u get to the REAR of the side skirt all the will be left is the Black Rubber spot, this is when u bust out the Razor Blade or the Fishing Line to cut thru the rubber just to remove the side skirt.

Once u got the side skirt off the car NOW u can use the rubber wheel to remove that PITA rubber spot off the car as much as possible.