GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Removed Tumble Flaps

Sevag

Car(s)
Mk5 GTI
Well after one of my tumble flaps broke off and wrapped itself on a valve, i decided to break them all off. Any -ve sideeffects?

nitroscope8

Ready to race!
The tubmble flaps enable better filling at low rpms and smoother running at idle. If that doesn't bother you then don't worry about it.

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Well after one of my tumble flaps broke off and wrapped itself on a valve, i decided to break them all off. Any -ve sideeffects?

Why didn't you just take it back to the dealer and get it repaired under warranty, instead of breaking them all off?

Sevag

Car(s)
Mk5 GTI
i didnt take it to the dealer because i didnt want to remove my tbe, cai, fmic, dv, nitrous express spray, bsh mounts. they are assholes here in lebanon. i only took my car in when it was a year old, they changed my mechatronics, clutches(dsg) and flywheel. Reason: too many launch controls :) they never told me it would damage the dsg.
anyway, even if i had changed the intake manifold. history repeats itself so i figured,,,, just break them off. lol

GeauxGTI

GeauxGTI
Yo off the subject how does that nitrous express intercooler spray work for you. It seems like that would subject the intercooler to extreme temperature cycling that could cause fractures. What kinds of gains did you see?

Sevag

Car(s)
Mk5 GTI
Yo off the subject how does that nitrous express intercooler spray work for you. It seems like that would subject the intercooler to extreme temperature cycling that could cause fractures. What kinds of gains did you see?

well the spray is on the forge intercooler, since i'm using both, emmmm i really dont know how much i've gained. b4 installing the spray system, my car would last 3 or 4 drags b4 heating up and i'd start to loose boost, so now i spray a little at start, the results are noticeable. you can feel the car keeping a higher boost range. not dropping too low. and you are always ready to drag. no heat soaking anymore.

btw i just bought the Ross Tech vag com so i will let you know if i've gained torque or boost. i can compare my results to previous runs i've logged. unfortunately the only Dyno we had here in Lebanon is closed now.

Sevag

Car(s)
Mk5 GTI
I guess then you'll complain they didn't tell you abusing your car ruined your CV joint bearings?

actually my bearings are still fine, even though i constantly rape my car, i have never had bearing problems, only busted my mounts twice, so i ordered the BSH mounts.

Sevag

Car(s)
Mk5 GTI
how would one know these flaps are broken? What symptoms should I look for?

well my car started missing firing, so i checked the plugs and all four were soaking wet. i did the compression test on each cylinder. the winner was cylinder 1. my intake valve and exhaust valve were both bent badly. it seems the flap broke off melted on valve and it was stuck open

Sevag

Car(s)
Mk5 GTI
my intake valve

07032010253.jpg