GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear wiper

Teknophreak

Rally Car Champion
I just came back from lunch and noticed something pretty cool. If you have your windshield wipers on and put the car in reverse, the rear wiper will come on. It's just a little thing, but you gotta love the attention to detail. It reminded me of the commercials they used to run where the guy tried to show his totally uninterested gf how the windows roll down when you unlock the door.

Dr. Woo

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2008 VW .:R32
A lot of hatchbacks nowadays do that. The Nissan Micra I rented in Germany after I sold my Audi had that feature. I thought that was the coolest thing ever.

Jeppe

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah that is pretty neat :)

Another cool detail a friend of mine noticed was how the sunscreens apparently sense the angle. Try using the mirror (rolling the "curtain" aside) and notice how the light comes off if you fold the screen all the way against the window and back on again when you want to use it as a mirror. Now that is attention to detail.

Hmm, did that make sense at all? :wink:

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
ok while this has nothing to do with the OP thing...i want to ask u all something

do any of u have a problem with your rear wipe leaking?...i havent used my rear wiper in weeks...but yet i have a water mark running down my hatch

im wondering if the seal or something is bad

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
Car(s)
Golf mk5 GTTDI 2.0
nah theres like a gap between your glass and the metal.. it just randomly collects water and runs down it..
lol i see it when i wash my car
and it didnt make sense jeepe..

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
wish i had a rain sensor for the front and back, then i wouldnt need to do anything.

McPsycho

Rally Car Champion
Freek said:
ok while this has nothing to do with the OP thing...i want to ask u all something

do any of u have a problem with your rear wipe leaking?...i havent used my rear wiper in weeks...but yet i have a water mark running down my hatch

im wondering if the seal or something is bad

dude, i was wondering the same thing cuz that happens to me too. it pisses me off seeing that damn dirt streak going down the hatch. and it appears even when its not raining and my car is kept in a garage so its not the morning dew either. just from that little spot being dirty makes me want to wash my whole car.

gti=sexy

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
STI
another random wiper thing. with the front ones, if you have them on intermittent and stop the car, ur wipers stop. i wouldnt have noticed this normally, but one day i was sitting in traffic with heavy down pour. when i stopped i realized i couldnt see anything. once i started moving tho they turned right back on.

Jaegermeister

Go Kart Newbie
gti=sexy said:
another random wiper thing. with the front ones, if you have them on intermittent and stop the car, ur wipers stop. i wouldnt have noticed this normally, but one day i was sitting in traffic with heavy down pour. when i stopped i realized i couldnt see anything. once i started moving tho they turned right back on.

If you have wipers on normal speed and stop they go to intermittent :)

Jeppe

Drag Race Newbie
bennylenny88 said:
and it didnt make sense jeepe..
:smile: Well don't really know what the terms are in English, but take a look at this picture and at least we've sorted out which part of the car I'm talking about.

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
i also like being able to dip the lever down if i want a one off wipe, rather than have to notch up then down.

but it would help if they could do something like that with the rear windscreen.

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
McPsycho V said:
dude, i was wondering the same thing cuz that happens to me too. it pisses me off seeing that damn dirt streak going down the hatch. and it appears even when its not raining and my car is kept in a garage so its not the morning dew either. just from that little spot being dirty makes me want to wash my whole car.

yup same with my car...garage kept and i have that damn streak on my hatch always

thursday im going to the dealer so they will check it out for me