GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear Wheel Bearing

DirtyJerzGTI

Dirty Dubbin'
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
I have been searching around for information on rear wheel bearings (found a few threads here and on VWVortex). Mine definitely need to be replaced very soon so I'm trying to get an idea of ALL the parts I will need to order. And since, I don't know shit about this, I am posting here.

Would this be all I needed?

http://www.germanautoparts.com/Volkswagen/GTI MKV/Drivetrain/243/1 (found on Vortex).

Are those good prices?
(I have seen DBC's site and found this as well http://www.dbcperformance.com/1K0598611SKF_p/1k0598611skf.htm)
(However that says priced each side, would I need to order 2?)

(World Impex: http://www.worldimpex.com/search_by_partno.html?searchmode=partno&partno=1T0598611B+&x=4&y=4)

Again, I have tried searching for information, found some but don't know exactly if looking at the correct stuff.

(Don't yell about searching :yikes: edumacte me! :bonk:)

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 GTI DSG
104 for a hub isnt too bad, especially for a vw. You only need to replace one hub at a time. Im guessing they are both from china so id go with whatever is easier or cheaper. The german auto parts page looks like a good resource. Id also get bearing grease, locktite, and some anti sieze grease.

DirtyJerzGTI

Dirty Dubbin'
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
104 for a hub isnt too bad, especially for a vw. You only need to replace one hub at a time. Im guessing they are both from china so id go with whatever is easier or cheaper. The german auto parts page looks like a good resource. Id also get bearing grease, locktite, and some anti sieze grease.

Thanks for the response guys. Now, (dumb question) -> Do I only need to order 1 hub if I want replace both sides in the rear wheels? Does each side have it's own hub or 1 for both?

Also, DBC & World Impex both have cheaper ones than the German Auto Parts store - just confused with those pages as they both list two different things (Check out the World Impex one to see what I mean).

Don't buy the SKF part. They are a softer metal and strip easily.

The SKF part? What are you referring to?

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 GTI DSG
The one on that page looks oem and the other is aftermarket. You need one hub per side, its what the wheel bolts onto. If one is bad, you are better off not doing both as youll be removing your oem hub and replacing i with a shitty aftermarket one. So if you want both sides youll need two. Skf is a huge company and supplies probably millions of bearings a year. Youll be fine with whatever you buy. I used to put shitty chinese hubs on my work truck and they always lasted. You can also try advance auto parts...

DirtyJerzGTI

Dirty Dubbin'
Car(s)
2007 VW GTI
The one on that page looks oem and the other is aftermarket. You need one hub per side, its what the wheel bolts onto. If one is bad, you are better off not doing both as youll be removing your oem hub and replacing i with a shitty aftermarket one. So if you want both sides youll need two. Skf is a huge company and supplies probably millions of bearings a year. Youll be fine with whatever you buy. I used to put shitty chinese hubs on my work truck and they always lasted. You can also try advance auto parts...

Appreciate the info - thank you