GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear sway bar.

echelonphoto

Ready to race!
I did a search and didn't find many details. I know a rear sway bar will handle better. What one should I get for a2017 se with pp. I don't want to race, just tighten up the handling for spirited street driving.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
I've enjoyed my H&R 24mm bar.

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Thanks, any change in ride?
On tight turns at speed, yes there's no understeer and I can get the back to step out if I really want to. There's no difference if driving normally.

Buffa

I have the H&R 24mm as well and love it. It's not too much for road driving, but when I autocross race, I immediately noticed I no longer had to over-inflate the rear tires like I was prior. Much better rotation in the rear, even with the recommended 37 psi.

danvilla413

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'19 SE 6MT, '04 S2K
H&R 24mm is the way to go. While you’re in there swap out the plastic endlinks for Moog ones. This is a very common pairing and should serve you well. I have the same setup.
19715270-22CB-4958-9D7E-3F920E0CB782.jpeg

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
H&R 24mm is the way to go. While you’re in there swap out the plastic endlinks for Moog ones. This is a very common pairing and should serve you well. I have the same setup.
View attachment 182944
Agreed. Paint those puppies so they don't rust.

JackRabbitSLIM

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Buy better tires, you'll actually notice a difference. A swaybar isn't going to do much for you until you get into closed course driving.

Chogokin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI Sport | Audi A3
I have the Neuspeed 25mm . I asked them if I'll need to upgrade the stock endlinks with the 25mm bar...they said no.

You can feel the difference with the first corner you take.

rear sway.JPG