GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

rear seat 'delete'

apollosfury

designeddwk
finally got around to doing a modified version of the rear seat delete.

I was going to do a full delete, but found out that if you pull out the seat bottom and fold the rears down they lay flat with the rear. Since my reason for wanting the delete was more function (german shepherd) than performance, i wasn't really worried about not losing the weight of the rear seats. It also makes it possible to make the rear seats usable in about 10 minutes.

Last edited:

CoreySparkman

I like this. I'm in the same boat, I want functionality. Not performance. Will consider this, or a version. How easy is it to pop the seats back up and the bottoms in?

Edit: What head unit (stereo) is that? Like it?

Boozehound

TrailerParkSupervisor
Car(s)
2007 GTI MkV CW
looks good, wanna make a DIY? :p

apollosfury

designeddwk
Its pretty easy. Just have to take the front piece out, flip up the backs and snap the seat cushion in

The head unit is a Kenwood dnx-5120. Unfortunately its not made anymore

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

TwentyonePSI

Crody
Car(s)
FSI
I like it, and could use it for the same reason, OP. Unfortunately, my car is considerably louder with the seat down, and hatch cover out. I have the rear Dyna-matted from the rear seat back, but the seat up and hatch cover in still makes a huge difference.

Crispy21

Banned
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Nice i deleted my rear seats as well, i love it.

apollosfury

designeddwk
Yeah its definitely louder but its not too loud. Resonated exhaust helps

junker

You get an 'F'!
Car(s)
MkV GTI FSI
The rear is flush with a removed seat back if you remove the black styrofoam spacer in the very rear. I just put the rear setback in for a vacation trip opens up so much space and gets rid of a lot of weight.

Also, I inserted DynaMat SuperLight in the rear to take the sound levels back down with everything removed.

I really like the cover you put together. Something like that without the styrofroam would be :wub:

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 9,960
  • photo copy.JPG
    photo copy.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 2,326
  • photo copy 3.JPG
    photo copy 3.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 2,296
  • photo copy 4.JPG
    photo copy 4.JPG
    142.1 KB · Views: 2,316
Last edited:

apollosfury

designeddwk
That's a good solution too if you're keeping the styrofoam part out and the seat back mounts are easily accessible. I use the foam pieces to keep cleaning supplies and tools though

apollosfury

designeddwk
looks good, wanna make a DIY? :p

Haha I thought about it but didn't take the time to document along the way. It was easier than expected though

junker

You get an 'F'!
Car(s)
MkV GTI FSI
That's a good solution too if you're keeping the styrofoam part out and the seat back mounts are easily accessible. I use the foam pieces to keep cleaning supplies and tools though

Yeah exactly. I won't say it's a 5 minutes job to put the seat back in with the partially shielded seat belt mount bolts, but not much more. :thumbsup:

Sar08

Banned
Car(s)
2008 GTI (DSG)
Nice man, pics of your German Shepard?

Crispy21

Banned
Car(s)
2008 VW GTI
Where are you guys acquiring your dynamax deadening mats? I need some for my compressor and for the drone of the rear seat removal lol