GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rear De-Badged + Removed Wiper

markyd

Ready to race!
Followed a couple of DIY's off this site (Thanks to whoever put up the DIY's), and managed to remove the rear wiper and smooth the rear VW emblem.

Here is what it looks like:

What do ya think?

Personally I think it looks a lot better. The next move will be to re-spray the rear lights all black (and give them a glossy finish, don't like how they look at the moment). I wanted to get the back totally smoothed and completely remove the VW emblem, but due to having no money this was the next best thing. For around £10 it's not too bad!

Any questions or help needed on removing rear wiper etc. please say and I'll tell ya how I did it.

P.S. Sorry for the shitty phone pics and dirty car haha.

markyd

Ready to race!
haha, knew someone would ask this. Don't know if you have tried or not yet? It seems impossible. I was about to give up, but as the DIY's said, just get a vice grip, hold on tight and keep wriggling. I oiled it up, waited about 30 mins then came back to it. Did this a couple of times, trying with the vice grip, then trying with my hands. Keep wriggling it, and it wil just suddenly come loose and twists off. It took me a while and does seem like it isn't going to move, but it will just suddenly come loose.

Dr.Kilgore

Professional Drifter
Car(s)
2008 VW R32 #4431
Looks cleaned up, but I think it would be better if you got rid of the latch handle and smoothed it over at this point.

markyd

Ready to race!
Yea, thats what I wanted to do, but I won't be able to do that myself, and it will cost too much for me at the moment to get done (I'm a student)

hkswrxti

/black magic
Car(s)
07 BMP GTI
Car looks really dirty. not feeling the emblem. looks salvaged or something.

and the Rear Wiper Delete was a pain in the ass to do, especially with the clips and all that good stuff