GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rattles, Rattles, Rattles!!

GTI.

E
Car(s)
07 GTI
who designed the center dash and just how retarded is he/she? Seriously? When they put this thing together, they couldn't tell the center dash (above the radio) rattles and squeaks like if it were made out of styrofoam! Its ridiculous. Put the euro tray in there to see if it did anything but realized its the assembly that surrounds it that squeeks. Fck u VW

And I got a rattle coming from the trunk area. Took apart the plastic that covers the hatch mechanics and the rattle is still there. I think its coming from the hinge. Sounds like a closing door everytime I go over a Bump.

And of course the cover is a pain in the ass and half to put back on :thumbsup:

Not to mention the 500 other rattlers the interior has...

Thanks VW.. the blind sheep say "german engineering" is best but all I see is mediocre build quality. Thank god its mechanically sound and fun to drive or else I'd consider selling it. Again, fuck u VW u overrated overpriced shitty-service-having econobox

feel a little better now

there diy on how to fix

srsly this... if it bugs you so much, bust out the 3m doublesided foam tape and go to town dawg.

Also, if it's creaking on its own, you might wanna check your frame

if it only creaks when you touch it or turn your subs up, cry us a river

GTI.

E
Car(s)
07 GTI
srsly this... if it bugs you so much, bust out the 3m doublesided foam tape and go to town dawg.

Also, if it's creaking on its own, you might wanna check your frame

if it only creaks when you touch it or turn your subs up, cry us a river

no. it squeeks when I go over the smallest bump in the road. Then again, I'm in the tri-state right by the GWB, so a small bump to me might be a crater impacted area to you. I dunno.

this interior is built like shit.

kayubassist

なんとなく
Car(s)
Audi A3
german engineering is good but i agree on vw shitty build quality.
but i knew what i was getting into before deciding on gti so i don't care.

save up for a bmw or audi.

Kiser10

Das Boost
Car(s)
'06 GTI
I have zero rattles except for the occasional hatch rattle over bumps(have to expect hatch rattles imo)

Jerome81

Autocross Newbie
Check the folding rear seat brackets. This is where I get noises in the back of mine. Thought it was the hatch, but it wasn't.

I never found a permanent fix....

I don't have anything around the radio. My other main annoyance is the squeak of the door. In winter, going over bumps, I assume the chassis flexes and the door rubs/squeaks a bit. Haven't figured out this one either. But it bugs me more than the rear seat bracket rattle.

sethdude

Pobody's Nerfect.
Push down on the side of it that rattles. And quit whining. Your car cost less than 30 grand, and is pretty rattle free compared to a true POS.

zombievore

Ready to race!
So far I have managed to fix a rattle in the overhead console (took it apart and wedged some felt pads in key locations) and a rattle on the drivers side door (moved it inwards). Here's what's left: ticking/rattling noise coming from the seatbelt height adjuster on the driver and passenger sides. Rattle caused by the seat release latch on the passenger side. Rattle coming from the top dash vent. Rattle coming from the passenger side vent.

When driving around I make airplane noises and pretend I'm hitting turbulence when going over bumps. The interior on these cars is a mess.

BoardSnow6

Banned
Car(s)
Capita Scaremaster
I lovethe interior of my vw. Its so much better than the previous 07 si and rx8

EazyE407

white trash
no. it squeeks when I go over the smallest bump in the road. Then again, I'm in the tri-state right by the GWB, so a small bump to me might be a crater impacted area to you. I dunno.

this interior is built like shit.

I had a similar issue and couldn't figure out what it was and the I remembered that I layed my seats down about a month ago. I checked to see if I they properly locked back in when I put them to the upright postion and sure enough that was the culprit. Since the seats weren't properly secured, the metal on metal made the squeeking noise. GL!