GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rattle in Rear LEDs

Mark4323

GTI Blue Graphite | DSG |
I took my car to the dealer and they fixed some of the rattles. However, one is the rear left taillight, which is an OEM LED. I had the lenses converted by Oaton's.

The dealer said it is a common problem. Has anyone had this problem and is it easy to fix?

triode12

Go Kart Champion
I took my car to the dealer and they fixed some of the rattles. However, one is the rear left taillight, which is an OEM LED. I had the lenses converted by Oaton's.

The dealer said it is a common problem. Has anyone had this problem and is it easy to fix?

I was told that I had the same problem with my OEM LEDs too (which I converted myself). They fixed it under warranty!

Mark4323

Nah, they weren't going to do that.

triode12

Go Kart Champion
Nah, they weren't going to do that.

The problem is likely the little coloured lens that was swapped - which is a rather easy to fix if you have the tools (Dremel and hot glue gun).
Do you know which side the rattle is coming from? The Right or the Left fitting?

Mark4323

The left fitting. I don't have the tools. It only rattles occasionally, whyen I find odd.

Mark4323

Hi guys,

Can you give me some info on your rear lamps. They look awsome!

Thanks

Sure, they are OEM LEDs. They weren't fitted to Golf V but made by OEM suppliers.

You can get them at tmtuning.com. However, they are left hand drive and you need to have the reversing light and fog lights swapped. There are lots of threads about how to do that, or you can send them to Oaten's headlight services in Melbourne who will do them.

Mark4323

You'll have to remove the fitting and open it up.
If you need help let me know.

That's very kind of you - will contact you in a couple of weeks. Where are you located? I'm in Camperdown.