GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Rant about VW

johnnyg238

"Doc"
Car(s)
For now Honda V6 Acc
This is just a small rant about how I feel about VW and their stupid ideas of VAG COMing....:mad0259: WHY on earth would a company cripple certain options out the door from the factory? My case in point : Windows up and down with remote...This is a very cool feature that is also very convenient that has no real downside that I can see. It would even help with the sale of a car. If someone was really on the fence and they liked that feature it could potentially sway them. However remote windows down and up were disabled on my audi and now my MKV:iono: Is there any good explanation for this? I know verizon cripples their phones on purpose to force you to pay more for their features but there is NO reason for VW to cripple thier own cars...:bs:

end rant:mad:

Guticb

Ready to race!
THANK YOU!

Also, would it kill them to offer smoked taillights straight from the factory?

redGTI

Axis Motoring
Car(s)
02 & 08 GTI, 08 M3
Crippled? All you have to do is have them set the way you want. Anyone w/a Vag can do it. If you're friendly w/a VW tech they can do it also. No biggie.

johnnyg238

"Doc"
Car(s)
For now Honda V6 Acc
But why send it from the factory like that?!? It ONLY has an upside to it. It has a designated setting in VAGCOM so it isn't like they can say "Oh, we didn't know that existed."

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
This is just a small rant about how I feel about VW and their stupid ideas of VAG COMing....:mad0259: I know verizon cripples their phones on purpose to force you to pay more for their features :

end rant:mad:

Yeah right!

mose6161

OUT OF COMMISION
Car(s)
MK5 GTI
i know a dealership in new york that has smoked tail lights on many of its cars.

what if your dog has its head out the window and you accidently roll it up with your key. people sue other people over everything, so i think VW took that into consideration and played it safe.

MC.R

i know a dealership in new york that has smoked tail lights on many of its cars.

what if your dog has its head out the window and you accidently roll it up with your key. people sue other people over everything, so i think VW took that into consideration and played it safe.

he has a point here..... VW is a business entity they have to think way outside the box in case of lawsuits... i could actually see that happening with a dog in the car...... improbable but still possible

phunkstar

Go Kart Champion

wouldn't happen because it has the pinch protection
they only disabled this feature in the US because of insurance regulations or some sort like that

Guticb

Ready to race!
Crippled? All you have to do is have them set the way you want. Anyone w/a Vag can do it. If you're friendly w/a VW tech they can do it also. No biggie.

Most people don't have a Vag, me included. :cry:

I could talk to ANYONE in my local dealerships service department (I know them ALL xD) but it's a hassle and I don't have time for it.

they offer smoked taillights from the factory for the 08 Jettas
But not for 06/07/08 GTIs. :thumbdown:

They're also doing it on Touaregs by the way.

b00sted

Ready to race!
You have no idea what the DOT makes car companies do. Europe has different standards than the US, and when Audi / VW bring cars here, they have to conform to the US laws / standards.