GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Random Power Delivery Issues

Perpetuus

Data Encryption
I have a full K04 turbo setup in my FSI MkV since some time ago. It was working perfectly (plenty of torque, excellent powerband, etc.) in the beginning, until my intercooler outlet hose and throttle body pipe popped loose a few times during a hard pull.

Here is what the car drives like after the boost hoses popped loose (and were refitted):

1) The car pulls strong like it did with my K04 before the hoses popped loose.

...OR

2) The car drives as if it is missing 100 hp and torque, almost like the turbo is completely missing from the car.

Sometimes, even during the same trip, the car could flip flop between delivering full power and delivering poor power. I have been able to experience both sides sometimes by accelerating hard, braking, and then accelerating hard once again (the power would come back momentarily).

On some days, the car simply stays in "low power mode" only, and my hard acceleration attempts were not successful to bring the car out of that mode.

There are no codes. VAGCOM is reading full boost by about 3,500 RPM, but my logs show that the engine appears to be pulling too much timing for it to make power. It seems that the power only comes in at around 5,500 or 6,000 RPM now. Also, the engine has been running rich (while making poor power) compared to when the car worked fine with the K04.

I have switched between 2 different K04 tunes since, and the problem remains. There were no other changes to the car after the boost hoses and the throttle body pipe popped loose (and were refitted). I also went back and forth between the Rev D DV and the AWE vacuum DV, and neither have made a difference.

I also pulled the K04 out, checked the wastegate, and replaced the N75, but everything looks to be in perfect condition. This did not solve the problem after putting the K04 back in the car. I do not think there is anything wrong with the K04 since the problem comes and goes...and only happened after the hoses popped loose a few times.

Is it possible that the intercooler is clogged? Could the intercooler hoses be slightly cracked and opening up under boost? Is this an electronic/wiring issue?

Hopefully someone can chime in. I am stuck, and my local VW/Audi shop did not find any boost leaks with their vacuum gauge either.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
Although I didn't have boost plumbing come loose as you did...I recently had boost not reach peak until 5200 to 5500 rpm. I had no codes. There were no boost or vacuum leaks. I changed the N75 Boost Frequency Controller valve and all is good again. I was told the resistance between the two prongs of the N75 wiring connection should be above 25ohm...mine read 22ohm. You could unplug he wiring from the N75 and check your resistance between those two plugs before replacing it if you wish.

Perpetuus

Data Encryption
Although I didn't have boost plumbing come loose as you did...I recently had boost not reach peak until 5200 to 5500 rpm. I had no codes. There were no boost or vacuum leaks. I changed the N75 Boost Frequency Controller valve and all is good again. I was told the resistance between the two prongs of the N75 wiring connection should be above 25ohm...mine read 22ohm. You could unplug he wiring from the N75 and check your resistance between those two plugs before replacing it if you wish.

That sounds somewhat like how my peak boost behaves. Did you set any codes when that happened?

I already replaced the N75 but there is no difference - unless it is an issue with the harness. But this is puzzling if that's the case, since it's the throttle body pipe/intercooler outlet piping that came loose.

I have a feeling that maybe the MAP sensor or MAP sensor harness was stressed when the throttle body pipe popped loose. Is there a diagnostic to check the correct resistance there?

Perpetuus

Data Encryption
My car is going to be back up and running soon, but I pulled a few logs from a few months back and actually DO have some codes. Not sure if these could affect the power delivery problems?

The first code below causes my doors to unlock themselves randomly.

1 Fault Found:
00928 - Locking Module for Central Locking: Front Driver Side (F220)
008 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent

I also have "No signal/Communication - Intermittent" codes set in several modules. This seems to come back sometimes after clearing the codes.