GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

rabbit / GT with side skirts?

speedjello

Passed Driver's Ed
hi, just want to know if anyone installed GTI / R32 side skirts onto their rabbit / GT? since there arent any holes on the panel, do u have to drill it? or just glue the suckers on?

Roger07

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
07 Rabbit
Yes you can do it. I am looking to do the same thing myself with the GTI rear valance. Im searching for painting tips right now. I believe you can just drill into the wells with a screw in the front and rear along with using some 3m tape along the cars body.

WHTRABT

THUNDER BUNNY
Car(s)
RABBIT
torx at the bottom and i believe you can use the double sided tape thingy lol there is a thread of installing it but his car was a gti already he switch them check the diy

Angry_Mike

Passed Driver's Ed
The holes for the sideskirts are all there from the factory, except the ones on the side of the rocker panel. Also there are two attachments you will need to get to fasten the sideskirt under the car, its basically a plastic block with a hole in it for a screw. If you look under your car you will see black oval plugs in the body and you remove those and insert the new pieces. The screw that hold the skirt on the side of the car had a self tapping end on it. Here is a pic with the skirts on.

Roger07

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
07 Rabbit
Your car looks great! Did those two pieces come with the sideskirts and did you paint them yourself? I was wondering if anyone knows where you paint up to on the GTI rear valance? Do you paint the crack or up to the crack. Basically have CW Rabbit and want to leave the bottom of the valance textured an top part painted CW. Trying to figure out where to tape off...thanks

Angry_Mike

Passed Driver's Ed
Your car looks great! Did those two pieces come with the sideskirts and did you paint them yourself?

I bought them from a friend, but if you buy them anywhere else everything should be included. The skirts are not painted, they are textured :thumbsup:

valve

Passed Driver's Ed
looks pretty bad ass dude...
i would tint a little the front lights though as well since its all kinda grey and black

speedjello

Passed Driver's Ed
I bought them from a friend, but if you buy them anywhere else everything should be included. The skirts are not painted, they are textured :thumbsup:

hey angry mike, can u take a close up pic for the side skirt? i am still debating if it would look weird with the textured side skirt painted.

Angry_Mike

Passed Driver's Ed
hey angry mike, can u take a close up pic for the side skirt? i am still debating if it would look weird with the textured side skirt painted.

You can buy R32 sideskirts which are smoothed for painting, they are about the same price as the textured ones.