GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R32 or Evo x?

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
exactly. i know i can get to sixty in 6, mayb 5.8.

must be your driving then cause you can get 6.4-6.7 out of a GTI stock. and what about that video of the GTI walking the R32 stock for stock. and with the Haldex Gen 2 thingie, thats not stock.

Stop generic conversations with no proof behind. Do you exactly know what you are talking about? Do you know what it takes to make a car 1 sec quicker to 60?:rolleyes: R32 is faster all around, including 0-60, stock vs stock. It is not a debate whther GTI is fater than the R32 or how much R32 sucks. This went off topic. If you want to discuss shoot me a pm, i can explain.

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
06 GTi
Stop generic conversations with no proof behind. Do you exactly know what you are talking about? Do you know what it takes to make a car 1 sec quicker to 60?:rolleyes: R32 is faster all around, including 0-60, stock vs stock. It is not a debate whther GTI is fater than the R32 or how much R32 sucks. This went off topic. If you want to discuss shoot me a pm, i can explain.
well there was a vid on here of a stock GTI beating a stock R32. sounds like the R32 is slower. right?

Dave1078

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI
well there was a vid on here of a stock GTI beating a stock R32. sounds like the R32 is slower. right?

Sounds like the R32 has a bad driver mod done to it. :laugh: Seriously though, the R32 should really shine on cornering and braking. I definitely feel a hardcore lack of grip with the GTI.

beatadrum

I don't know if anyone can say, I've heard the interior has been greatly improved for the EVO X. I would choose the EVO X without thought, would never waste money on a R32. I would get a GTI instead of an R32 but.........STI OWNS ALL!:evil:

BU88A

Ready to race!
I was thinking about getting a new car and at first i was going to wait for the new evo but it doesnt come out until next year... and then i rememberd that the r32 was coming out at the end of august i think, there both around the same price. what is your guys opinion? :confused: :iono: :help:

I've owned both evo, and sti before my r32, all i can say is r32 is no where near evo when it comes to performance..not a bit. But, as you get older, i think u'll realize its not about speed and the kick..can u live with it everyday??i could, but the sad thing was some F**ker wrecked my STi last year in a very very horrific crash, in the centre of sydney CBD, and killed a few ppl. But anyway, back to evo vs r32. R32 is much more subtle, refined, and i like it!!

.:R32-07

Ready to race!
Car(s)
R32
well, yeah, if you say so. I dont see my stg2 GTI with almost all the bolt ons except BT getting to 60 that quick. And please do not question my driving skills (I know what is coming next :lol: ). As a matter of fact Motortrend magazine got 5.8 seconds, and if you get the Haldex Gen2 sport set up that 6.2 sec number will improve due to rwd launch.

5.8 sec.... and no problem to do 5.2 sec.

herrstreet

Touring Car Newbie
The Evo X really seems like it's MUCH more refined than the current model. So I think it's really just a matter of whether the driver wants to hear the exhaust tone, or let others hear it when they're being passed. Now an R36 on the other hand...

Taz

Ready to race!
R32 vs. the Evo X is like bringing a knife to a gun fight.

While I love Vdubs a lot (I've owned over 20 of them) the Evo is a great piece of work. I currently have a WRX that's highly modded so maybe I can appreciate the Evo more than most here.

All depends on what you want to do with the car but in a performance shootout the Evo is going to kick the R32's tail. Current one will do that and if the specs are true for the X, it will further decimate the R32. The R32 is overweight and underpowered. It is a nice cruiser but definitely not a good value in the bang for the buck department!

R32 really needs to be the R36 and come with forced induction. Go big or go home if you are going to ask this kind of cash for what is basically an econobox with AWD. I love my GTI but it isn't exactly a screaming value if you option it up.

brennok

Ready to race!
I must say for me the lack of the 4 doors on the R32 for the US is making me lean towards an Evo X. I am at least going to wait until they arrive before even narrowing my car choices down. The look of the Evo isn't great imho and I think I prefer the IX over the X but until I see it in person I am reserving judgment.

Sammy-Blue

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 Golf R32
Take the Evo. It's not I don't like my R, I love it. But I wasn't allowed to get an evo.