GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R32 or Evo x?

Guticb

Ready to race!
If money is NOT a problem, and you don't mind slightly worse performance, go for the R32. If all you care about is performance, get the Evo.

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
hahaha yeah i completly understand and i dont know y they would make the
R32 only DSG. its a, basicly racing version of a gti but only in automatic
( DSG ). i mean i've been in a DSG car, and the tranny is amazing but i dont c how u can really run it on a track and be a great driver. a great driver only stands out by the way he drives his car, such as good shifting and double-clutching, and downshifting but dsg does that for you so basicly, my grandma with a heavy foot can post better times than me on the track b/c dsg is a miracle. lmao. all i need is a BT kit and now i can make fun of them!!!

so all these advanced race cars such as F1, Indy, even the new Rally (WRC) cars are missing the boat:rolleyes: Even the new Evo will sport a similar derivative of DSG.... I am fine with both, both have advantages and shortcomings...

Krügmeister

Lord God King Stud
Car(s)
07 GTI
Ok, My take is this:
VW did not make the R32 for the same purpose the Evo or STI is made.
The R32 is a very responsive nimble and refined car.
Because it has AWD people try to compare it to these cars... the R32 is NOT a track racer... it is a perfected street driving car with great manners.
SADLY... most people read too much into numbers ... 0-60 times is always last on my list when it comes to driving.
There are FAR too many variants to consider in buying a car that you will drive everyday, most people think they will "get used" to the stiff ride or bad habits track cars exibit...WHY start with a car you think you have to "get used to"?
When it comes to driving daily i want a car that has more positives than negatives... realistically are you going to race everywhere you go?
The idea is get a "whole package" car that makes driving less a chore and more of a experience.
Personally I think the R32 is a perfect street car that has everything I look for in an automobile.
While I adore my GTI, i would gladly sell it to get an R32 in a split-second.

VDubVirus

Euro-Elitist Moderator
Car(s)
2012 A3 S-Line 2.0T
Krügmeister;483640 said:
Ok, My take is this:
VW did not make the R32 for the same purpose the Evo or STI is made.
The R32 is a very responsive nimble and refined car.
Because it has AWD people try to compare it to these cars... the R32 is NOT a track racer... it is a perfected street driving car with great manners.

The Evo and STI aren't track cars either. They're rally inspired cars.

Furrymonki

Passed Driver's Ed
If you want boy racer stuff, go with the Evo. If you want civilized, go witht he R32.

My .02.

simplegti

Ready to race!
If you want boy racer stuff, go with the Evo. If you want civilized, go witht he R32.

My .02.

QFT.

The new X is UGLY :barf:
Just that fact alone sways the favor to the r32. I love how the MKV cars look and drive everyday.

Now if it was a weekend car or something it's pretty hard to beat the performance the Evo or even the STi would give but it'll be pretty rough as a daily driver.