GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

R32 mkv coilovers

matt5462

Passed Driver's Ed
I was reading in the buy and sell that many of the coilovers for the MKV GTI and Jetta's also work. I tried to confirm this by double crossing the parts # on a few parts. They seem to be different but is this solid enough proof??

Not a good idea. But the following thread a few down from yours is this:

http://golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=158666

Beware the flaming you may receive posting this question again. But the short answer to your question is no. Just go with with coilovers intended for the R32. I can highly recommend PSS10's if you have the budget. Or H&R sports if you have a little less but still want quality.

matt5462

Passed Driver's Ed
I do understand the search............... What confused me is when I went to a major retail VW website and noticed that the pss10/09 listed under r32 also mentioned the would work on mkv gtis................. same part same part number???!!!!!! Stock definitely makes sense not working but with coilovers being adjustable I wasnt sure

Last edited:

gotti

.:R32 OG lulz...
Car(s)
.:R32
I think you should have no issues here, I spoke to my VW tech at my local dealership in Romblon and he told me pretty much any suspension made for VW is interchangable with any vehicle made by VW. He says it cuts costs. So you should be golden. Speaking of which, I'll be OEM+ swapping mine out with a Tiguan I got in a good deal. I'll post pics later!

I think you should have no issues here, I spoke to my VW tech at my local dealership in Romblon and he told me pretty much any suspension made for VW is interchangable with any vehicle made by VW. He says it cuts costs. So you should be golden. Speaking of which, I'll be OEM+ swapping mine out with a Tiguan I got in a good deal. I'll post pics later!

:bellyroll:

Av.

Banned

:clap:

RHCP4LIFE

Ready to race!
Car(s)
.:R32

:lol: