GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Quote for some mods...Is it reasonable???

DaRuffins

Passed Driver's Ed
I got a quote for some mods that I plan to do on my GTI. Let me know if they seem reasonable to you?

REVO (Including install/labor) - $499
H&R springs - $199 + $337.5 (4.5 hrs of labor)
Atmosheric Blow Off valve - $69 + $75 (1 hr of labor)
Militek 2.0T Catback Exhaust - $599 + $112.5(1.5 hrs of labor)

Plyngntrffc

FIA GT Newbie
Car(s)
2006 VW GTI
Well, the BOV is useless, i mean its gonna be going off ALL the time, everything else sounds ok, EXCEPT 4.5hrs of labor cost on the springs, find somewhere else, place down here is 150, and theyre not cheap...2hrs @ MOST

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
DaRuffins said:
I got a quote for some mods that I plan to do on my GTI. Let me know if they seem reasonable to you?

REVO (Including install/labor) - $499
H&R springs - $199 + $337.5 (4.5 hrs of labor)
Atmosheric Blow Off valve - $69 + $75 (1 hr of labor)
Militek 2.0T Catback Exhaust - $599 + $112.5(1.5 hrs of labor)

revo fine
springs $250 max for installation
Catback $100.00 max for installation

nomad

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
imho man, don't pay other people for such simple installs. your man just like me :D mechanic-it-up and go down to SEARS or w/e you have available, buy some jack stands, some metric sockets and find some flat ground and have at! very inexpensive, VERY rewarding, and ultra fun! :D

just my 2cents ;)

Nikerey

Darkness
Plyngntrffc said:
Well, the BOV is useless

So are you blacked out badges, or your valve stem caps but youve still got them right? Maybe he likes the sound of the Diverter Valve, and wants to enjoy it. Dont knock what other people want to do to their cars. Its their car.

Kurupt

low
Car(s)
Jeep
nomad said:
imho man, don't pay other people for such simple installs. your man just like me :D mechanic-it-up and go down to SEARS or w/e you have available, buy some jack stands, some metric sockets and find some flat ground and have at! very inexpensive, VERY rewarding, and ultra fun! :D

just my 2cents ;)

i agree with that right there DIYS is the way to go

AxMan

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
Audi S5
it would be cheaper to get an intak ethan do the forge valve.. i hear the intake valve loudly now with my p-flo

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
exhaust, BOV, and springs all do it yourselfs, very fun to install, just time consuming.

as for REVO that fine, gotta get a dealer :)

alf

alf

Modwhoreator
Car(s)
2006 TR GTI
Plyngntrffc said:
Well, the BOV is useless, i mean its gonna be going off ALL the time, everything else sounds ok, EXCEPT 4.5hrs of labor cost on the springs, find somewhere else, place down here is 150, and theyre not cheap...2hrs @ MOST

it is? on the contrary on my car, only goes off after shifting.

plus mines adjustable.