GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Quick explanation.

Eroc93

Ready to race!
So I'm stoked got a job with the city at 21 pretty decent pay, and exceptional benefits and pension. I forgot to ask while I was there and I have my full orientation couple weeks away. They told me they match my 7% pension out of every check 2 for my every one. So if I'm putting 200 every month how much will they be adding?

WAP

Go Kart Champion
Grats on the new gig. The way you've written it, I believe it means that they will contribute $2 for every $1 you contribute up to 7% of your pay. It's a pretty damn good deal. Are you sure it isn't the other way around where they'll contribute $1 for every $2 you contribute? Still a good deal either way...

Eroc93

Ready to race!
Yea it's tcdrs I believe. Compound interest of 7% as well as the 7% I put in plus whatever exactly they're matching.

Eroc93

Ready to race!
Yea I'm forced to put 7% lol it's bexar county of texas

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
The way you wrote it makes it sound like they pay $400 if you pay $200, but I've never heard of anyone doing that. It's more likely that they do $100.
This.

A lot of times you'll find someone that matches 1:1 up to some low percentage then 1:2 up to a higher percentage of your pay.

Eroc93

Ready to race!
So if I'm putting 200 how much are they matching me at 2 to 1

Eroc93

Ready to race!
Here it is

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 149

nouse4aname

Go Kart Champion
Yep, looks like they put in $2 for every $1 of yours. Good deal. Pays to be on the receiving end of government overspending. :) Though I imagine the salary itself is reduced from an equivalent private market job.