GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

questions on adjustable dampening coils

slo_latino

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2009 Rabbit
Hey everyone, I am currently running VMAXX EXTREME coilovers that are at the lowest height setting. I purchased these because I got a good deal on them at the time and I liked how they were dampening adjustable along with a decent lowering capability. I have set of 17" wheels and have 225/45/17 tire and my fender is at the top part of the tire. Soon to buy 18" wheels and they will have a 40 series tire on it and I want the capability of tucking tire.

My question is what coilover to get next because the ones I have now will not do the job. I have read that FK coils can get really low without the helper spring and I am willing to do that. Anyone run the FK Silverline X, Sport Edition Plus, or Konigsport?

Since I want to tuck tire on 18" am kind of worried with fixed dampening. Ideas, questions, comments? Thank you for your help!! PS price range tops out at around $1,200

flat tire

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Electric + 135i
If you want to drive around with your 18s tucked you'll suffer a shitty and inconvenient ride even with adjustable damping.

kylewatts

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 gti
ST coils, h&r coils... Both nice and affordable

slo_latino

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2009 Rabbit
If you want to drive around with your 18s tucked you'll suffer a shitty and inconvenient ride even with adjustable damping.

My last car was slammed so I'm use to and ready for dealing with all that over again.