GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

questions about revo and the SPS

Roca

REVOed
Car(s)
CC
so I'm stage 2, but I wanna know if its bad for me to drive stock and only switch it to stage 2 when I wanna have fun? just so I can save on tires and gas lol

and I have a 91 oct program along with a 94 oct program
so I have :
-STOCK
-91 OCT
-94 OCT

theonlyz

Passed Driver's Ed
Not exactly a brand specific example but when I did this to another vehicle they told me to drive it normal for about a week or two and slowly work your way up! They say to do this because your car is basically breaking in all over again. Not that the pistons and stuff are reseating or bearing breaking in but, the fuel system has never seen the new levels that its being exposed to everything is new to it more flow! Like said above try to stay cool and take it easy and break it in the right way!! Good luck. Hope that helps

Roca

REVOed
Car(s)
CC
umm thanks but I meant that I am already stage 2 for a week now, but I wanna drive stock daily and switch to stage 2 when I need it, your answer made sense but didnt really answer my question, thanks though

and when I did go to stage 2 I kinda ripped her open right away lol, burst a Forge DV hose too lol

good vs bad

Where's my Hasenpfeffer?
so I'm stage 2, but I wanna know if its bad for me to drive stock and only switch it to stage 2 when I wanna have fun? just so I can save on tires and gas lol

No problem doing that. It is exactly why REVO offers those files and gives us access to them via the SELECT switch. :biggrin:

seriously. If I'm fiddling with something on my car I can go back and forth between files and settings several times a day and do that several days in a row.
I have never had any problems come up because of it.

switcharooo :thumbup:

good vs bad

Where's my Hasenpfeffer?
I do the same thing. I have the "plus" switch and i have a detuned setting for my daily driving/long boring hywy road trips.
i have it set to just a hair above stock mode now.

Man, gas is just nuts now!

Roca

REVOed
Car(s)
CC
yup it keeps me from boosting over 12psi, and when I know that if I hit it, it wont go, then I wont, I went back to stock and I am much calmer, or else when I'm stage 2 I just wanna go fast, realllllly fast lol

Blocko

Rabblerouser
I thought revo and apr gave you slightly better gas milage

t.c. gtimkv

Steath mode
Car(s)
07 UG MKV 4door
you need self control!

xminusx

Banned
Car(s)
The Failboat.
Switching from stage 2 to stock probably won't help your gas mileage at all ... unless it will keep you from having such a heavy foot.

yup it keeps me from boosting over 12psi, and when I know that if I hit it, it wont go, then I wont, I went back to stock and I am much calmer, or else when I'm stage 2 I just wanna go fast, realllllly fast lol

heavy foot syndrome.