GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Questions about lights

GTI2007

Shovels said:
As you know, the complaints are not due to the light output itself, but the fact that other drivers tend to stare at them due to the different color.

Once the xenon are more common, the staring will go away and the complaints will stop.

So how do you equate this to the increased visibility of the Xenon lights - brighter equals dazzling oncoming drivers surely on every bump you hit.

That also happens with regular halogen headlights

cmdrfire

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Shovels said:
As you know, the complaints are not due to the light output itself, but the fact that other drivers tend to stare at them due to the different color.

Once the xenon are more common, the staring will go away and the complaints will stop.

So how do you equate this to the increased visibility of the Xenon lights - brighter equals dazzling oncoming drivers surely on every bump you hit.

The xenons are self-leveling, so they don't blind people with every bump.
I've had no trouble with mine since the Left hand driving/right hand driving switches were set correctly (they were set for continental EU from the factory!)

Accel

Rally Car Champion
I forgot to turn of my highbeams last night while driving through a canyon road, when I came up on traffic, they lit up the interior of the Saturn infront of me and I saw the guy squint his eyes and move his mirrors around, I felt bad, but all was good when I turned the highs off.

Newcastle

Drag Racing Champion
earthtoandy said:
So tonight i was looking at the car from the outside since I so rarely get to and I noticed that the inner tailights and inner headlights do not seem to light up for any reason. are these just dummy lights or what?

The inner headlights I believe are FTP lights that aren't used in the US.