GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

question to people w/ Euro Switch

ChachomanGTI

Ready to race!
im not sure if this is a re-post but i was wondering if you get the euro switch you have to program it with the vag com correct? and if you do it do you lose the DRL's? also do you lose the lil wink that the GTI does when you turn it on? enLIGHTen me please:help:

MKV Turbo15

23psi and fast as fuck!
Car(s)
Jetta
you have to have the DRL's disabled via Vag-Com for the switch to work. I dont think you lose anything, i know i didnt

DUB2OT

Banned
my headlights stop self leveling after turning off DRL's it still dose it I have to turn the the headlights on before starting the engine.

:thumbsup:

grasshopper

Frankie Says Reflex
Car(s)
Jeep Wrangler JK
The DRLs and euro switch are mutually exclusive. I can't verify things between my stock switch now, but with all my stock coding and the euro switch the parks still work. The DRLs have their own command bits so they always work unless you specifically change their coding. The parks have a bit which is defaulted to "disable" for NA. Simply uncheck Byte 17, bit 6 and you should be golden.

Can't say on the winking thing, 'cos mine haven't leveled since I left the dealer. I did turn the lights on before starting and they adjusted like bigunit said. Maybe 'cos I always use the ebrake my DRLs never winked when they were enabled. :iono:

UMassJ77

JawnY
Car(s)
MKV GTI DSG
euroswith should work without coding...just that when you have it in the OFF position you will have DRLs on. And the city light option basically works the same as the on position w/o vag-com.

I have DRLs as fogs and the only time i can see my HID self-level is when i turn on the headlights, but even if they are off, they still auto-level everytime i just can't see it happening.

Graubart

Ready to race!
Installing the euro switch on my '07 GTI had no effect on the DRL's. Later, when I got VAG-COM, I switched the DRL's over to the fogs, so, now, if I have the euro switch off (fully CCW), the fogs are on and the DRL indicator is illuminated on the dash. If I turn the euro switch CW, either one or two notches, the fogs go off, but other lights come on. If I want the fogs on at the same time, I pull the euro switch knob out. The fogs then stay on unless I have the high beams on.