GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

question about dsg extended warranty

silver_z33

Less mpg
Car(s)
MKVI GLI
i just got my r32 and ive been reading through this forum and some others and ive come across the dsg issue and the fact that vwoa sent out letters to all the owners to extend warrantys to 10yr 100k miles. sinc eim the second owner of the car and have no letter of course if i have an issue with my dsg will they fix it for me? its covered under the 4 yr 50k mile warranty now but will i get a letter with the 10yr 100k mile extended warranty or am i excluded bc im 2nd owner? sorry im just not clear on all the details so i figured id ask.

Will'sR32

Ready to race!
Car(s)
VW GOLF MKV R32
First, Call a Dealer or VWOA.

I don't see why you should have any trouble with the extended warranty covering your .:R. I mean the .:R has problems, enough so that they have extended the warranty. It should not matter who owns the car, as long as it is still within the warranty. Thats just my thought. However you should go with the first one just to be sure.

silver_z33

Less mpg
Car(s)
MKVI GLI
Ok I def will thanks

talktojie

cast while drifting.
Car(s)
MKV R32
I got the letter from VW a while ago indicating the DSG issue. However, the dealer told me VW hasn't told them about the service or anythin when I did my 20K maintenance.

silver_z33

Less mpg
Car(s)
MKVI GLI
I just tried calling about the dsg warranty they're put to lunch go figure lol

humanomaly

(aka "The Anti-Crust")
I called my service guy about the letter and that my car is already having issues...he told me to bring the car in, it'll take the whole day to fix, and don't mail the letter back....does that make sense? I think that they played the odds on 2008 R32 people, and thinking that alot of them are trashed or crashed by now, and left them out of the real recall that 2009 GTi owners got....accountants and stats.....same thing as other car company deciding on whether to recall something or payoff the wrongful death lawsuits....I would definitely feel better and enjoy my car more if I know it is fixed and that I could drive it as it was meant to be driven, not as a "wounded warrior" limping around......

silver_z33

Less mpg
Car(s)
MKVI GLI
I'm a seconds owner and still got a mail from VWOA. So I guess It doesn't matter who owns it.

yeah i just bought my car maybe it takes a while or maybe it doesnt matter bc its such a widely known issue. im gonn call the dealership today and find everything out i couldnt call the other day after that one time. has anyone got their dsg fixed? does it fix it for good? please say yes lol

humanomaly

(aka "The Anti-Crust")
My brother has his fixed on his 09 GTi, I think, don't talk to him much. I think his was a straight recall, not a "what the heck?" like us 08 R32 people got....I read somewhere the other day, that the sales figure for the R32 in the US was 5000 available, but that sales were not that high, I think it was like 1800......don't blast me, take a chill pill if I'm off.

mofat01

Ready to race!
i just got my r32 and ive been reading through this forum and some others and ive come across the dsg issue and the fact that vwoa sent out letters to all the owners to extend warrantys to 10yr 100k miles. sinc eim the second owner of the car and have no letter of course if i have an issue with my dsg will they fix it for me? its covered under the 4 yr 50k mile warranty now but will i get a letter with the 10yr 100k mile extended warranty or am i excluded bc im 2nd owner? sorry im just not clear on all the details so i figured id ask.

With my letter it gives you another piece of paper to send it back if you've sold the car so that the letter can go to that person. So I'm sure you can get it, shouldn't matter if your 1st, 2nd, or whatever ownner

silver_z33

Less mpg
Car(s)
MKVI GLI
Does anyone know If fixing the mechatronics once fixes it permanently like they did for the 09recall of the gti for sure bc this is freaking me out lol

Last edited:

silver_z33

Less mpg
Car(s)
MKVI GLI
??? lol

humanomaly

(aka "The Anti-Crust")
Talked to VWofA guy about the mechatronics, got shafted at dealership today, had appt, got turned away. Guy said in the next few months they will be have something more substantial for R32 owners, (man a little more nothing is still more than nothing).....anyway he said, if you have issues go to dealer, and I told him I would and I would call VWofA to make sure whatever needs to be done is done right. I'm frickin tired of VW's customer service (no loaner cars, McKenna, Norwalk, CA)...think about how they'll do your rim's (???) to sell you a car, but once they sell you a car, they don't know. Will move Porsche and VW and head back to MBZ or BMW asap.