GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

**QLD**2001 Audi S3**145,000km**$13,500**

Chico

Ready to race!
Hi all

Have for sale my 2001 S3. I purchased it only 2 months ago but have a second job starting in December that I’ll need a small van or station wagon for (will consider VW Caddy or similar as trade). I am more than a little disappointed having to sell as I was just getting my teeth into the S3, readying her for an APR tune, but such is life.

I purchased the S3 knowing there were a few small jobs needing doing and have spent a fair bit getting her up to speed and ready for a tune.

18 August 2010 - Service by Mike Weber - $220.00 - Oil change service and inspection. Mike found that the CV Boots, Tappet cover gasket and air flow meter required replacing.

5 October 2010 - Service by Mike Weber - $902.70 - Complete major service, fuel, pollen and haldex filters replaced. New spark plugs, tapper cover gasket, haldex fluid, all three wiper blades, and new RH & LH taillight lenses (the left rear was cracked and could only buy new ones as a pair).

21 October 2010 - Service by Mike Weber - $1032.00 - CV Boots replaced (2 outers, 1 inner), Air Flow Meter replaced (genuine Audi), 3” Stainless Downpipe Fitted, Wheel alignment.

In addition to this work, I have purchased the following parts...
Cam Belt Kit, 3” Stainless Downpipe with 120cpi Cat, Both rear taillights, new OEM rear S3 badge, Aerial, Air Flow Meter, Floor Mats and Battery cover.

The Cam belt was done at 129,000km and the car now has 145,000. I purchased a new cam belt kit as a precautionary measure. Mike has quoted around $450 to fit it. The new kit including Thermostat, belt, tensioner, idler (good idea to do waterpump as well) is included with the car.

At the first service in August 2010, Mike discovered the common S3 issue of perforation beginning along one of the roof rails. I posted a thread about this issue and some research on the net revealed that it was quite common. The 12 year Audi Warranty for this was handy and the issue was fixed by Shipstone at Windsor (these guys do all of Audi & Porsche's work) under warranty at a cost of $3,800.00 to Audi Australia. The roof, rear qtrs etc are all new paint and have been blended into the doors on both sides.

I have spent $2935.00 on her in the last 2 months in parts and work by Mike Weber. I am more than aware that the current used car market favours buyers, so I am seeking only $13,500.00 firm for the S3 as I need to replace her with a van in the next 4 weeks. The rest I've spent, I will just have to wear as a loss.

Other details are:-

Mileage: 145,000
Rego: December 2010 (Queensland)

The only remaining issues are...
The centre armrest, which is currently jammed in an upright position and needs replacing.

It also has a Bluetooth device fitted but I do not have the pin code for it (last owner has long forgotten it). The code is the last 4 digits of the serial number printed on the control unit (which is fitted behind the dash).That and the armrest were last on my list of must do’s.

There are a few lines of LCD missing in the display for both the MFD and the stereo but as I understand, there is a guy in Melbourne who fixes these at a fair price? I wasn't worried at the time as I was going to replace the head unit and the MFD LCD's are easily fixed.

The rest of the car is in good nik for its age.

Here’s some pics…PM if you are interested. Thanks for taking a look.

Attachments

• IMG_3989.JPG
    IMG_3989.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_3994.JPG
    IMG_3994.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 310
  • IMG_3995.JPG
    IMG_3995.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_3997.JPG
    IMG_3997.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 311
  • IMG_3999.JPG
    IMG_3999.JPG
    43.3 KB · Views: 310

Chico

Ready to race!
More pics...

Attachments

• IMG_4001.JPG
    IMG_4001.JPG
    51 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_4003.JPG
    IMG_4003.JPG
    38.3 KB · Views: 306
  • IMG_4007.JPG
    IMG_4007.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 303
  • IMG_4154.JPG
    IMG_4154.JPG
    36.9 KB · Views: 303

Chico

Ready to race!
Queensland Safety Certificate passed with flying colours.
Major Service just completed.
Full tank of 98.
Ready to go.
All offers considered.:thumbsup: