GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Pros and Cons of resonators?

johnny12345

Touring Car Champion
Gonna get a tbe, Miltek I think, because the closest shop to me carrys them for our car. Should I go with or without the resonator. I don't want a loud exhaust but I do want Max performance. I know whatever I go with will be louder than stock but I can live with that. Still trying to keep noise down if possible

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
johnny12345 said:
Gonna get a tbe, Miltek I think, because the closest shop to me carrys them for our car. Should I go with or without the resonator. I don't want a loud exhaust but I do want Max performance. I know whatever I go with will be louder than stock but I can live with that. Still trying to keep noise down if possible

Without the resonator you'll be waking up the Elk and cracking ice all over the neighborhood. The horsepower you'll gain without one will be worthless when everytime you drive the car you'll be worried about stepping on it for fear of raspy exhaust note.

:headbang:

tmrakip

Dog is my co-pilot
HotLanta MKfizzle said:
Without the resonator you'll be waking up the Elk and cracking ice all over the neighborhood. The horsepower you'll gain without one will be worthless when everytime you drive the car you'll be worried about stepping on it for fear of raspy exhaust note.

Well put :cool:

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
HotLanta MKfizzle said:

Sorry Hotlanta but not true... The Miltek is very quiet and Stratmosphere (the US distributor) does not recommend getting the resonator version because it is quieter than the stock exhaust... And without the resinator it is a little louder than stock.

Now other manufacturers such as APR I would get the resnator but not with the Milltek

Stratmosphere said:
We are currently recommending the non-resonated system as the only choice since the resonated version is quite mellow.

Last edited:

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
Vivid said:
Sorry Hotlanta but not true... The Miltek is very quiet and Stratmosphere (the US distributor) does not recommend getting the resonator version because it is quieter than the stock exhaust... And without the resinator it is a little louder than stock.

Now other manufacturers such as APR I would get the resnator but not with the Milltek

I know shit about Miltek, just giving standard information Monkey Fucker...

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
HotLanta MKfizzle said:
I know shit about Miltek, just giving standard information Monkey Fucker...

:bellyroll: :bellyroll: don't when he is asking about a specific exhaust, or you run the risk of being called out :thumbsup:

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
Vivid said:
:bellyroll: :bellyroll: don't when he is asking about a specific exhaust, or you run the risk of being called out :thumbsup:

Your right... Anal... but right.

PS: he' say's MILTEK I think... so my info still is sorta relevant.

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
true and if he was asking about APR or to a less extent the stock removal you would be very right... this is why there we are all here so we can try to make sure we help others out as much as possible...

jaydubz

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
anyone know what the Milltek sounds like with out the resonator??? I need a sound clip before I pull the trigger on this one.

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
I can only imagine that the clip in the stickie is the non-resenator version...