GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

projector fogs vs standard

lifeis11

Broke as a Joke
so before im hit with the "search!" accusation, i did, i promise.

thinking about upgrading to projector fogs. from those who have them? glad you did it? make a big difference? did you go with white or yellow bulbs? any pics?

any help/input is greatly appreciated.

thanks

conom06d

Flying circles around VWs
Car(s)
3 wheels and wings
from everyone i talked to, they are a great investment. I plan on doing it sometime soon and will get the laminex covers possibly

stringshifter6

Nom Nom Nom
Car(s)
2007 GTI
The light output is focused better and there is a clear cutoff. I've had white and yellow bulbs. It's really your preference. But make sure whichever one you buy has the proper plug adapters.

Starbucks

Ready to race!
so it's worth it to upgrade from standard to projector??

or is it only worth it for people who don't have fog to get projector instead of standard??

stringshifter6

Nom Nom Nom
Car(s)
2007 GTI
It's up to you. It isn't a necessary upgrade. How often do you use your fogs for actual fog? It's more of a cosmetic mod with the added benefit of a more focused beam pattern. The actual unit itself is also of much higher quality than the stock reflector units.

LePatron

Ready to race!
The standard units are purely cosmetic, they don't do anything to better illuminate the road in front. Changing to projector housings makes a huge difference in terms of concentrating the light beam and can be effective especially when you add HID bulbs.

krayzie

Go Kart Champion
I don't know if anyone noticed but none of the current VW Audi models have projector fogs anymore, yet they run projector fogs on their Nurburgring 24 hr race cars. The projectors technically throw more light onto the road than reflectors, and the beam is more focused with the heavy glass lens and sharp cut-off.

Starbucks

Ready to race!
...How often do you use your fogs for actual fog?....

people up north uses it a lot in snow....

The standard units are purely cosmetic, they don't do anything to better illuminate the road in front. Changing to projector housings makes a huge difference in terms of concentrating the light beam and can be effective especially when you add HID bulbs.

Really? the German made something just for cosmetic?! Could it be because the light pattern is wider and if you compare it to your headlight. it's dimmer but in real fog it actually work??

I keep seeing those Audi's only turns on the fog lights at night (normal clear night)... I don't think that's what they are for... and fog lights should never be head light because of the pattern...

WhiteLightningMKV

Yeaaa buddy...
Car(s)
2010 Jetta Wolfsburg
Does any one recommend the Ziza projectors mated with an HID kit? I don't want that shit melting on me lol

njfast07

Go Kart Champion

cosmetic? I live on a mountain, and when the fog rolls in up there, if you dont have fog lights, you're fucked. The standard fogs on my gti work fine...then again, I actually use them for fog. Idk who would bother using fog lights as a main source of light in the dark...

lifeis11

Broke as a Joke
interesting feedback. im still kinda on the fence about them. i get that its surely a higher quality product than standard fogs, but if all it gives me is a more focused beam, idk, i still kinda want to do it, it's just that ECS sells the OEM euro housings for about 200 and then the yellow bulbs are 25, seems like a lot for only a slight cosmetic improvement. anyone else help me make up my mind?

97C280

Stage 2
Go for parts4euro I believe they're cheaper?

lifeis11

Broke as a Joke
i dont think those are the oem ones? i think the parts4euro ones use the 9006 instead of the euro h11's.

can anyone confirm this?