GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Problems So Far. '08 R32

Kaninchen

Vroom Vroom
Car(s)
2008 VW R32
Ok looks like the rattle was that plastic cover under the passanger seat that covers the Sirius box. Not made real well. Going to glue the tabs with some silicone. Seems to fix the problem!!!

SRQR32

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
R32
Ok looks like the rattle was that plastic cover under the passanger seat that covers the Sirius box. Not made real well. Going to glue the tabs with some silicone. Seems to fix the problem!!!

The sirius box.....did that fix what you thought was the exhaust rattle? Mine seems to have that same exhaust issue only when driving and seems to happen less frequently after driving for a little bit.

geboost07

X20A Strike Freedom
Car(s)
golf gti
i know for the tail lights i read a couple of months ago that vw had a recall to fix the problem. it was some issuing with the wiring that vw found out after i think a couple thousand incidents with burnt out taillights, happening repeatedly. it was going on in germany from the r32's down to the passats so ask your dealer about it.

9Schnell

Euro-Elitist
Car(s)
2010 CC Lux
What is that noise when I open the drivers door? It sounds like the fuel pump turning on. But when I turn the key to "on", I hear the fuel pump again..but it sounds different.

In the morning when it's cold, the fuel pump makes a nice load SCREEEECCCCHHH for like a minute. Kind of embarrassing!!!

Its priming the fuel lines to ensure you have correct pressure in the rail.
Vw's done this for many years =)