GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Probation period for new members?

"Probation" period for new users?

• Total voters

Grownman

Ready to race!
Notice lately there has been a jump in forum membership. With that, multiple threads have been created daily asking questions that have been asked multiple times prior.

I am suggesting a "probation" period upon registering. (Making users use the Search Function) Requiring 5-10 posts before the member is able to create a thread.

Of course, there will still be those that simply say:
"I don't want to read through 2x pages of thread. Please answer the following..."
But I'm sure the community will just ignore him/her.

**Please discuss and vote in the poll for which you believe would be best.**

omgturbo!

Go Kart Champion
voted ten posts before new threads. a few other forums i have been members of (previous cars) had similar setups. certain number of posts, certain amount of days, etc helps filter out the new guys repeating the same questions. just cant make it too strict or it will turn people away

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie
You don't have to open and read a thread if you don't want to. Nor do you have to answer a question that has been asked before.

Post count means squat. On this board I've what? 9 posts? On others I've over 14,000.

So what exactly does a post count mean again?

biggee72

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2009 GTI DSG
And a minimum quality post count before being able to sell. If only golfmkv had that. That forum is ran like hell. This one is way more organized but far from perfect.

Grownman

Ready to race!
voted ten posts before new threads. a few other forums i have been members of (previous cars) had similar setups. certain number of posts, certain amount of days, etc helps filter out the new guys repeating the same questions. just cant make it too strict or it will turn people away
:thumbsup: Totally agree, going over the top and being too strict will be a turnoff.
For the members who voted No, I wish diarrhea upon you for the rest of the evening.
:lol:
In all seriousness though, logging into the forums and seeing multiple new threads asking same questions that have been asked before is very annoying. Simply SEARCH & READ an old thread and if you have a question still, send the OP (Original Poster) a PM regarding your question.
You don't have to open and read a thread if you don't want to. Nor do you have to answer a question that has been asked before.

Post count means squat. On this board I've what? 9 posts? On others I've over 14,000.

So what exactly does a post count mean again?

So tell my why did you register on this forum? I assume its to gather knowledge from the VW community regarding your vehicle. At the same time talk with other owners about things you enjoy want to do in the future with the vehicle etc.

Wish people would be more considerate on the internet just like they would in RL.
ooops... now I've got 10 guess I'm safe!

Down with noobs!!!!!!

http://www.ar15.com/member/member.html?id=88551
Yes, lets measure our E-Penis now...

Rockchops

Go Kart Champion
Might prevent some new threads from forming but if you think that's spam, wait until you see the ten posts per person until they can create the thread they are going to create regardless. People will post just to get their count up and most likely it will be the same questions.

GeorgiaBII

Drag Race Newbie
Might prevent some new threads from forming but if you think that's spam, wait until you see the ten posts per person until they can create the thread they are going to create regardless. People will post just to get their count up and most likely it will be the same questions.

Very True.

a forum I frequent called POI FACTORY has a min post/time requirement until folks can access the stop light camera files for their Garmins.

So what we get are a bunch of "TTT" or "cool post" posts once a week for 3 weeks until they get the file they want.

It does no good at all.