GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Power washing engine bay

bowerhour4334

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MKV GTI
I've had some oil leaks (go figure) and because of that my engine is coated from the valve cover down in dirt and oil. I used to detail cars and we would just drench with degreaser and powerwash and never had problems, however I've heard of electrical issues with these engines.

Just wondering if anyone has done it and how.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

707Stang

I'm Hella From Nor*Cal
Good degreaser, cool engine and light water pressure. I have personally put degreaser on idled the car a bit to warm it up a little then applied more and once it cooled spray it off

gti2slow

Go Kart Champion
Good degreaser, cool engine and light water pressure. I have personally put degreaser on idled the car a bit to warm it up a little then applied more and once it cooled spray it off

Find one that wont corrode the aluminum, simple green extreme (Blue bottle) works great and wont discolor anything.

Wrap up the fuse box, intake, battery, and alternator. Don't use high pressure, shower or mister nozzle on a garden hose will do.

ROH ECHT

K04 PLAY
Car(s)
2007 MKV GTI
I have a handful or two times now. I sealed up the air filter with a ziplok and tape...used my normal pressure sprayer wash soap. I apply the soap with the washer when the engine was barely warm...let it soak for 3 to 5 minutes...and then rinsed with the pressure washer, but with its lightest pressure nozzle and from a distance of 1.5' to 2'. Never had electrical or any other issues to date and owned since 11/2006.