GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Potheads have smaller brains?? STORY AT 11!

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion

GTI2.01

Ready to race!
Where do shrooms fall on that scientific study

Actually I read a recent study that said they could cure depression. They change the brain in a positive way. But there isn't a whole lot out there on them either.

I think there are more benefits from medical marijuana and it is wrong people go to jail and have a criminal record for consuming pot. People will smoke it legal or not. Alcohol is no different and is a drug too. It does a more damage than pot.

TomCat1

Ready to race!
Actually I read a recent study that said they could cure depression. They change the brain in a positive way. But there isn't a whole lot out there on them either.

I think there are more benefits from medical marijuana and it is wrong people go to jail and have a criminal record for consuming pot. People will smoke it legal or not. Alcohol is no different and is a drug too. It does a more damage than pot.

I have to agree on this. Alcohol does way more damage than pot. On the shrooms, I've been told every one should at least do it once. It opens your mind and changes the way you think and look at things. In a positive way.

Sent from my iPhone hoe!

GTI2.01

Ready to race!
I have to agree on this. Alcohol does way more damage than pot. On the shrooms, I've been told every one should at least do it once. It opens your mind and changes the way you think and look at things. In a positive way.

Sent from my iPhone hoe!

Yeah I shocked to see that study about depression. I knew they did change you in a positive way. This study was on humans not mice or monkeys. LSD on the other hand is very bad and does kill brain cells. I heard that from a neurologist. Also I know a few neurologist who are for medical marijuana.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
Here's a study that refutes your study with the same scientific rigor as the OP

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86092

:lol:

Weed > booze.

Feeling good > hangovers.

Eating pizza, playing music, watching Archer > starting bar fights, puking, getting random chicks pregnant.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I was never into smoking it. I am a drinker. But, I wholeheartedly agree that alcohol is far more dangerous. On the flipside of that, is it because alcohol is legal and we are exposed to it much more often? If marijuana were legal, would the danger aspect of it from a myriad of sources increase?

thedude4bides

Go Kart Champion
I was never into smoking it. I am a drinker. But, I wholeheartedly agree that alcohol is far more dangerous. On the flipside of that, is it because alcohol is legal and we are exposed to it much more often? If marijuana were legal, would the danger aspect of it from a myriad of sources increase?

For one, the lethal does to effective dose of alcohol is 10 and marijuana is over 1,000.

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I see what you are saying there Dude... but I never see deaths from alcohol ODs. Just stupid decisions that lead to it based on impairment while behind the wheel of a car. People go to bars and then make a dumb decision. Just wondering if the legalization of marijuana will lead to more impaired drivers and as such higher traffic incidents involving that impairment.

myMK6fool

Ready to race!
From Seattle here. Just because marijuana is legal here. Doesn't mean people who didn't do it before are rushing to get their hands on any. It's just more convenient for those who do smoke. So the fact that legalizing marijuana would create a more unsafe driving atmosphere is moot imo

I smoked in high school and still periodically do, responsibly. However when WA legalized it - i wasn't rushing to clinics to get my hands on some "just because I could."

D Griff

Go Kart Champion

I doubt it. I've driven drunk a few times, high once. I would never do either again. I think drunk is worse because you feel like you can do anything. At least weed makes you paranoid and thus cautious. They're definitely both bad news though.

But I agree with the above, people who would drive high are already doing it. Also, most people smoke at home and chill, not out at bars, I don't think legalization changes that much, it's just something that makes you want to relax in comfort. And even outside of driving alcohol hurts people all the time from fights, poor decisions, etc. That stuff just doesn't happen with pot.

Neither one is good but alcohol is definitely worse.