GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Porsche Thread

Zach L

VR junkie
I like Porsche.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
same here, i gonna visit my motherland in x-mas n new years, my uncle drives a 996 c2, never get to driven it but rode in it, hope the weather/road conditions is good and safe to drive it.

Also, Macan's are good looking vehicles too.

My dream is a GT3RS, 997 because manual

James75

Go Kart Champion
well in clarksons opinion, you don't like 911's either since he calls them beetles :D

Actually I'd sell an organ (possibly) for any of those - the 911 has never been a better piece of design - these late 60's early 70's 911's are beautiful.

http://www.4starclassics.com/porsche-911-targa-for-sale/

http://www.4starclassics.com/porsche-911t-for-sale/

Some great other Porsches on the website plus a Mk1 Scirocco Storm (yes please)

http://www.4starclassics.com/vw-scirocco-storm-for-sale/

EB2429

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTi 7.5
Been fortunate enough to own water and air cooled in the past, and in my opinion they are the best manufacture in the world.

Assisted or desiged Harley Davidson engine, Audi rally cars, Mclaren engines, building complete cars for Merc at the Porsche Stuttgart Factory. Powering the Mclaren Senna engines under the name of "TAG heuer" Even Vauxhall Flex 7 Zafira seat system (yes the one advertised but Griff Rhys Jones at one point). But they don't brag about any of them much...

Its in the genetic code as they say in this sort video, with a small 'jab' at Ferrari.
http://youtu.be/Tvql-p9UXRQ

Going past all the automotive headquarters outside the business complex at the Nurburgring you get a glimpse of large industrial units for Aston, Jaguar, Pirelli and others all clearly visible from the road with large flags and corporate signs on the buildings. But I couldn't find or see any Porsche buildings on display, head south from Drees for about 2 miles and a small collection of unmarked buildings and high fence give the game away as the Porsche unit for the Ring tucked up near a small village out of site. I guess they don't need to shout about it...:D

If you like it a little more brutal GT3 RS 4.0 0-300km/h sounds great with the Metzger engine..drool
http://youtu.be/VI-fLokjOxI

Last edited:

Zach L

VR junkie
From Autoblog 918 factory tour:

Delivered in a steel-framed container, the 918's tub — the building block for this vehicle's platform — is made from resin-injected carbon-fiber, manufactured by CarboTech in neighboring Austria (the company also builds tubs for McLaren).

While all of the tubs arrive in a sturdy shipping box, this particular example is unique because the customer ordered a special matte finish on the door sills (they are exposed on the finished vehicle). The team is inspecting the unique craftsmanship before assembly begins.

This box contains front drive motors. The axles, connected to the front wheels, will bolt where the yellow bands are at each side while the thick orange cable will hook into the high-voltage hybrid electric system.

Temporary steel hardware (bright silver with a knurled knob at the top) has been attached to the motor in the lower right corner to allow an electric winch to pull it out of the shipping container

At the nose of the 918 Spyder, a massive six-piston caliper hovers over the drilled and ventilated carbon-ceramic brake rotor (PCCB).

While the front suspension is being installed, a temporary assembly jig (the silver horizontal bar near the top of the image) holds everything in place. The metal pipes, running along the bottom of the tub, carry liquid coolant from the radiator in the nose to the combustion engine and battery pack behind the passenger cell.

The completed 918 Spyder rests under special fluorescent lights for its final inspection before leaving the assembly floor — an event that happens up to four times per day. There is no fuel in its gasoline tank, which would prevent it from operating on public roads, but special software allows its electric motors to power — silently — out of the building.

With the entire production run now spoken for, Porsche estimates that the last 918 Spyder will roll out of the assembly plant in July of 2015.

Full article: http://www.autoblog.com/2014/12/03/2015-porsche-918-spyder-factory-tour-photos/

Last edited:

Zach L

VR junkie
The most hardcore 911 still available with a stick...

430hp 3.8L
Widened rear track
Monolug
PCCB available
Alcantara interior

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
Car(s)
'15 LSG Golf R
Porsche will undoubtedly follow up the 918 with something even better. They aren't going to say "all the cars have been sold, we're done" and leave a very lucrative and prestigious market to someone else.

Hakuna_Matata

Passed Driver's Ed
same here, i gonna visit my motherland in x-mas n new years, my uncle drives a 996 c2, never get to driven it but rode in it, hope the weather/road conditions is good and safe to drive it.

Also, Macan's are good looking vehicles too.

My dream is a GT3RS, 997 because manual

------------/------//
Macan it is..... I am getting one middle of next year. Its one killer machine macan Turbo. Light and agile.

Hakuna_Matata

Passed Driver's Ed
id probably grab that or sq5 if i have 2 kids, great car for road trips

I recently test drove the "S" and I was like woooo !! Besides the bells and whistles the damn thing is terribly light and the throttle response is mind blowing.

Next week I will test drive the "Turbo". Thats almost double the enjoyment.

Zach L

VR junkie
The Macan is growing on me, but I still think the Audi Q5 is a sharper, better looking vehicle. I just can't get used to the Macan's rear end for some reason.

The Macan Turbo makes 18% more power than the regular Macan on paper. It may not even be that much of a difference in real life... dynos have shown the supercharged 3.0L V6 is an underrated power plant.

Last edited:

Zach L

VR junkie
Porsche will undoubtedly follow up the 918 with something even better. They aren't going to say "all the cars have been sold, we're done" and leave a very lucrative and prestigious market to someone else.
Porsche's R&D Chief stated earlier this month "Will we build a successor to the 918? Yes".

The plan was always to only build 918 units and sell out of them. The purpose of the project was to show the public and competitors that Porsche could build a car with extreme performance and extreme efficiency, and they succeeded at both. As time went on they sold the cars more and more quickly after getting such great press.