GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Play DVD and MP3 in VW MFD2?

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
doesnt play cd's at all?

The MFD2 DVD will play red book audio CDs in the DVD drive.
No MP3 however.

If for some reason you can find an MFD2 DVD that does not play red book CDs, that can be corrected with a firmware update.

GTivan72

Taka Take OFF
Car(s)
VW Mk5 GTI
so when you have your navi cd in you cannot listen to the audio cd, just radio

so it best to get the dvd verison rather than the cd

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
so when you have your navi cd in you cannot listen to the audio cd, just radio

so it best to get the dvd verison rather than the cd

Essentially - AM radio, FM radio, Sirius or XM satellite radio, iPod or CD changer, auxiliary, and bluetooth telephone are all possible audio sources when the navigation DVD is in use. :wink:

NahbutsGTI

EUROTHRASH
Car(s)
MkV GTI 6spd
I've heard alot of people have had issues with W6050?
region issues, time differences, firmware, etc. sounds like more trouble than its worth.
Got my MFD2 with stacker and navagation disc for 700 :)

Bibhut

CD Changer

So, if the cd changer doesn't support mp3 playback, what kind of format does it support? Does it support DVD-R? Do you have any ideas on how to copy the format of music the MFD2 supports from a computer to a CD/DVD to play it in the car?

JetTurbo

geezer
Car(s)
2018 GTi Autobahn 6M
So, if the cd changer doesn't support mp3 playback, what kind of format does it support?

Red book CD format, as stated in post #16
aka CDDA or CD-DA
All commercial audio CDs met that standard.

Does it support DVD-R?

It is possible to create a DVD-R formatted to red book standard that will play in MFD2 DVD

Do you have any ideas on how to copy the format of music the MFD2 supports from a computer to a CD/DVD to play it in the car?

Back when I used an MFD2 DVD, I used to burn mine on a Mac using Roxio Toast. Red book is a 38 year old standard, if you have software to burn CDs, then it should be a possibility.