GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Performance problems, Boost Leak symptoms without the boost leak.

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
that shit is fuuucked up! n75 DC points to a leak....u have ANY stock IC pipe connections? the ones with the damn o-ring seals that will randomly leak sometimes for no apparent reason??

They are the stock IC Pipe connections but they have all new gasket seals, have been sprayed with hairspray (great for sealing air lines) and the IC lines with clamps are checked religiously. I'm telling you brother, as far as I know this is a problem without a solution in sight.

They are the stock IC Pipe connections but they have all new gasket seals, have been sprayed with hairspray (great for sealing air lines) and the IC lines with clamps are checked religiously. I'm telling you brother, as far as I know this is a problem without a solution in sight.
I'm betting that those connections with the clips and o-rings are the culprit. maybe not all, bit one is probably fudged. what makes me say it, is I had a leak like that, but even after new seals it was the same, so I just assumed that was normal to have laggy response ect. until my pcv plugged and I got a shit load of oil and crap into my charge piping, and it started seeping from those spots. I'd remove and clean them (and yes hair spray, which works much better on the hoses with traditional clamps, btw) and it would be good for a lil while, then they would randomly leak. I'd have to redo everything again, clean/spray ect to get back to normal. only way I fixed it was to go aftermarket connectors with the silicone hoses, cuz those adapters are bigger then the stock, I had to tap mine in with my dead blow hammer. so I'm thinking the stock will get cockeyed in there and the seals won't seal. cuz my stocks would wiggle slightly when clips were in too

Epic_Sandwich

I Drive a Sedan

Goingnowherefast

Go Kart Champion
Look good and is a good deal, MS Miatas are farely rare.

As a former Mazda enthusiast, don't think because it's a factory turbo car it will be as responsive to mods as your MKV was. The motors are super strong from the factory and need to be built to reliability push much power.

This is more of a "get competitive in racing" build. It is basically full bolt-ons now which puts it at 200whp which is decent. The thing that is so different is the damn things only weigh 2300-2400 pounds so that power is put to much better use. The next step would be injectors and a standalone ECU which generally puts them at 220whp. E85 and a custom tune should put it at 240whp which at 23xx/24xx pounds is good for 12's. Would actually be a good race for my K04 FSI car now honestly haha. Otherwise the majority of the money will be going towards seat-time and consumables like tires and such.