GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

People with parrot kits HELP!!!

johnnyg238

"Doc"
Car(s)
For now Honda V6 Acc
I got one for christmas from quick connect and now that I have it all connected it doesn't work!!! My radio comes on but the parot kit doesn't work?!? I have the dip switches in the correct positions and all the connections look like they are firmly connected...Anyone have any clues what is going on?!? Thanks...Please resond fast because I have to put my car back together so I can go to work tomorrow.:help: :help:

johnnyg238

"Doc"
Car(s)
For now Honda V6 Acc
I noticed that the steering wheel module IS getting power to it because it has a blinking light inside of it...still need help

johnnyg238

"Doc"
Car(s)
For now Honda V6 Acc
Oh btw, on the new 2008 the little black light sensor thing in the diffuser tray is just a solid piece of plastic...no wires connected to it... I thought that was interesting.

johnnyg238

"Doc"
Car(s)
For now Honda V6 Acc
Well, after spending time on the phone with quickconnect and replying to my own thread like a post whore I ended up having to send the unit back in for testing. They think the blue parrot box may be malfuntioning. I hope that is it. Apparently Howard owns a 2008 GTI so he knows the wiring pretty well. Well...It was a bummer but I hope they get my kit back out to me soon!!!

johnnyg238

"Doc"
Car(s)
For now Honda V6 Acc
UPDATE... well apparently they HAD sent me a non functioning kit because I got another one yesterday and installed it...it works like a charm!!! My wife says that the mounting on the steering column does sound a little far away but that she can still hear me pretty clearly. I have a 6MT so I am happy to have this little addition to the car.

PS. My dash tray has just been shipped:thumbup:

envyrew

Eurlaggin'
Car(s)
GTI MKV
I have nothing to contribute to this thread, I just thought you were lonely talking to yourself in here so I left this for you.
:clap: