GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Peak Boost Problem

b-rye

DuBBiN like McLovin
Car(s)
BM GLI
So i've been reading and I keep getting mixed results on peak boost. I need a confirmation on some numbers.

When I first installed my boost gauge my peak boost was around 10-11 psi. I found that a bit strange because I remember reading that peak boost for a stock GLI is around 14-15psi. I checked all the hoses and clamps and didnt seem to have a boost leak, so I just accepted the fact of a 3-4 psi loss.

When I went stage 1 I read that my peak boost should be around 21psi, but my boost never goes up above 15-16psi. Now that really disappointed me considering I paid all that money for just a 5 psi boost increase.

I understand that different gears will give you different pounds of boost, but mine stays at 15-16psi through out all 6 gears. If anyone has any insite on what could be wrong or if thats just the amount im suppose to have. I have Stock everything but stage 1. I've read that the PVC needs to be upgraded to get the full amount of boost, but i'm not sure. I have a stock PVC. 6mt 2.0 TSI apr stage1. :help:

ripped

Go Kart Champion
Last edited:

billybobbovine

wants to go fast
Car(s)
GTI
if i go wot from first up through the gears i will only peak to about 17, but if im say cruising at 2000 rpm in 4th and floor it it will spool to 20-21 and then come down as the revs rise. Im APR stg. 1

plac

GTI Master
First off, you have a TSI which boosts lower than the numbers you mentioned. But, your numbers still seem a tiny bit low. You might have a small leak. The TSI should peak 17-18psi on APR stage 1 (91).

The most common area is to make sure your intercooler hoses are all snapped in properly. If they are not, you will hear a click as you try to shove them in further.

b-rye

DuBBiN like McLovin
Car(s)
BM GLI
im running on (93) octane, I'll check my radiator hoses because I dont have an intercooler, unless im completely noob, but im almost positive GLI's dont come stock with an intercooler. Ill try a pull from 3rd gear and see what it reads and report back. Thanks for the input.

plac

GTI Master
im running on (93) octane, I'll check my radiator hoses because I dont have an intercooler, unless im completely noob, but im almost positive GLI's dont come stock with an intercooler.

:laughabove::laughabove::laughabove::laughabove: