GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

PDC Retrofit Problems

claytoncamilleri100

Car(s)
VW Golf MK7 1.6TDi
Hi All,

I have a friend that has a Golf MK7 without any Parking Sensors from Factory. He got a used kit from Aliexpress. The kit included all the wiring harnesses, 8 sensors, 2 buzzers, switch and controller. I installed and coded everything like the attached guide from Carsystems.eu but I connected the CAN Bus lines to the MIB instead. I used OBDeleven to code the CAN Module, MIB 1 and PDC module that came with the Kit.

The system did not work. When pressing the PDC button the button starts flashing and no beeps or anything on the MIB. When going into the Parking & Maneuvering menu of the MIB I get an error "system not available". The thing is that the PDC module is detected by the CAN Module and OBDeleven as address 76 because if not I would not be able to code it.

Upon further investigation, I found that the module given is a 5Q0919298 which I believe is the module for PLA 2.0. In OBDeleven is says software version is 5Q0919294K which is the correct module for 4 Front/4 Rear Sensors. The seller must have flashed the kit with different software since the Hardware Number and software numbers are mismatched. For Faults I get a lot of Data bus Missing Messages and Park Assist Speakers as both are Open Circuit/Short Circuit even though both of them are connected.

I checked all the coding multiple times and everything is connected. Should he buy a new module or is there something I am missing?

Thanks in advance,
Clayton

Attachments

• VW_Golf_MK7-_PDC_ANG_v10.pdf
    745.3 KB · Views: 19